New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit kaya ganun ang design ng rear aircon ng fortuner? did the designers forgot to put it in their preliminary designs? then just added it during production? buti pa ang innova, ceiling mounted ang mga vents.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    isang taon ko nang ginagamit ang 2.7 vvti fortuner unit ko and so far i have not experienced anything out of the ordinary. My odometer reading is close to 25,000. Runs well and rides well. As for fuel consumption, tama lang sya for its size about 6 k/l on city and as low as 10k/l on highway.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog View Post
    isang taon ko nang ginagamit ang 2.7 vvti fortuner unit ko and so far i have not experienced anything out of the ordinary. My odometer reading is close to 25,000. Runs well and rides well. As for fuel consumption, tama lang sya for its size about 6 k/l on city and as low as 10k/l on highway.
    Nakakaingit ka! I only get 5.3km/l
    Then again....hangang 3rd gear lang ako. Daming traffic lights kasi sa amin.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hmm benefits of living in the province. traffic is light and highways are longer.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RPG View Post
    in order of priority
    • relatively low price (half the price of full size SUVs, cheaper than other car based SUVs)
    • midsized SUV + 7 seats makes it a general purpose utility vehicle for me (pwedeng people mover o hauler)
    • from a globally respected company (means after sales service and cost will probably be not an issue)
    • high ground clearance (pwedeng pang baha and light off-roads)
    • ladder frame and being a truck based SUV (so pwedeng pang-harabas)
    • good looks (so pwede ring pang-porma and makes you happy to be seen driving one)

why no consider sante fe 2.7 v6? brochures here in china says that it can go through 50cm(1ft20in) of water. 4x4 din yon...at "v6" pa. 188hp higher torque, 7-seater more features at ***y looking. sales service and cost would'nt be a problem since kalat na hyundai dealers anywhere and this ride is more "globally accepted". pede ka pang pumili ng color ng interior color.
    dati rin di ko pinapansin kasi hyundai and was leaning towards the Forester xt, but the thread changed my mind, and we need a bigger anyway.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    bakit kaya ganun ang design ng rear aircon ng fortuner? did the designers forgot to put it in their preliminary designs? then just added it during production? buti pa ang innova, ceiling mounted ang mga vents.

hindi kc nasama sa plan ng toyota sa fortuner ang rear aircon kaya ginawan nila but ewan ko lang bakit nasa mababang lugar nila nilagay, unlike sa trooper that the IPC just put in but nsa mataas na lugar naman...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i haven't heard too many comments on the Fortuner, other than the ride, and the D-4D problem on 2.5L units. i was able to test drive the VVTi of my friend about a year ago. power is good. i liked the drive. although matagtag, it's not as bad as the first Gen 2 CR-Vs (10 seater). i like the commanding view thanks to high the ride height. of the 3 Fortuner models, if i didn't need the 4x4, i'd choose the VVTi.

but, yes, placement of the rear a/c is weird. after thought? looks like it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka idol ng Toyota ang Ssangyong. Ganyan din ang location ng rear a/c ng Rexton (but on the left side ata).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Baka idol ng Toyota ang Ssangyong. Ganyan din ang location ng rear a/c ng Rexton (but on the left side ata).
    Nyah! Oh well, they're lucky to have the 'T' badge. Otherwise, the Fortuner probably wouldn't have sold too well.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    why no consider sante fe 2.7 v6? brochures here in china says that it can go through 50cm(1ft20in) of water. 4x4 din yon...at "v6" pa. 188hp higher torque, 7-seater more features at ***y looking. sales service and cost would'nt be a problem since kalat na hyundai dealers anywhere and this ride is more "globally accepted". pede ka pang pumili ng color ng interior color.
    dati rin di ko pinapansin kasi hyundai and was leaning towards the Forester xt, but the thread changed my mind, and we need a bigger anyway.

Price is a major factor. I did consider the Santa Fe but their 2.2CRDI 4x2 variant costs ~1.6M thats almost P200K above the Fortuner VVTi 4x2. I have all the respect for Hyundai and it's sister company Kia. They have greatly improved and are really beginning to churn out great cars.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Fortuner VVTi woes ?