New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I am currently dead set on getting the Fortuner 2.7 VVTi gas. I've been reading with much interest the thread on the Toyota D4D engine woes and am just wondering if there is something I really need to know about the Fortuner Gas variant.

I just don't want to make a ~P1.4M (inc insurance, LTO etc) buy decision that I would regret later.

So aside from the issue with the ride quality (tagtag) is there anything else negative I need to know specially about the Toyota Fortuner 2.7 VVTi variant? (ie engine performance, maintenance, build quality)

I would appreciate your views on this one...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    It drinks gas aggressively, but not as bad as a GEN 2 CRV 2.0li a/t. That's all I can think of so far.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    fortuner vvti? mahal gasoline ngayon,mag diesel ka nalang taas pa service life, dmax kaya? 2007 model coming?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Why fortuner? curious lang.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    The VVTi variant is good naman ah, but of course you gotta expect that a majority of today's buyers will choose diesel because of the cost.

I was able to test drive a vvTi variant and the D4D and I have to admit, ganda talaga ng takbo ng gas for obvious reasons. If I can afford the cost then vvTi talaga ako .

I don't think that the vvTi has any "woes" worth mentioning. It's a damn good engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    in order of priority
    • relatively low price (half the price of full size SUVs, cheaper than other car based SUVs)
    • midsized SUV + 7 seats makes it a general purpose utility vehicle for me (pwedeng people mover o hauler)
    • from a globally respected company (means after sales service and cost will probably be not an issue)
    • high ground clearance (pwedeng pang baha and light off-roads)
    • ladder frame and being a truck based SUV (so pwedeng pang-harabas)
    • good looks (so pwede ring pang-porma and makes you happy to be seen driving one)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa mga naka fortuner, kaya bang palamigin ng front aircon lang ang cabin? yung rear aircon vents kasi natatakpan ng 3rd row seats kapag naka fold-up, e most of the time naman ganun ang position ng 3rd row seats, which means hindi mo magamit yung rear aircon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi naman fully occluded yung rear a/c kahit nakataas ang third seat. Dun sa media test unit, hindi ko pinapatay yung rear a/c kahit naka-fold yung rear seat. Nakakalabas naman ang hangin.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakakalabas nga yung hangin, pero hindi naman siguro distributed properly? baka papunta sa right 2nd row passenger lahat yung hangin

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. It fogs up the right rear quarter window. But it can still chill the ambient air.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Fortuner VVTi woes ?