New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    i cant afford a fortuner..e di mas poorer pa ako sa poor?

IMHO, fortuner is one of the best selling SUV here in philippines and they are generic everywhere, a friend of mine who is millionaire in every right has one..so i don't think it's a poor man's harrier...

though i havent seen one hehehee
    It's just an expression. "A poor man's ______" means an inferior version of ______. It's like saying a BMW is a poor man's Rolls Royce--a BMW isn't cheap by any means but inferior when compared to a Rolls Royce. Masyado naman kayo literal

On-topic: It does look similar. I personally like it more than the Fortuner.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Having seen both I don't see any resemblance between the two. I see more resemblance between the Fort and the Lexus GX 470/Prado.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    the Harrier is a rebadged Lexus. So no it would not be.
    I think it's the other way around, a lot of the Lexus line is a Toyota in Japan or is based of a Toyota platform. The ES is a Camry, IS is a Altezza, GS was an Aristo, RX is a Harrier/Highlander, GX is a Prado, LX is a Land Cruiser. In essence you pay a premium for the name.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    With its price, I believe the Fortuner is the most affordable brand new body-on-frame mid-sized SUV. Those who can't or won't pay for a Pajero, now have a chance to jump into the SUV boat with this affordable SUV with almost the same mass (but not substance) as a Pajero.

Note: Pajero and Patrol used to be the more affordable alternative to the Ranger Rover and Land Rover lines. The Fortuner takes one step down by being the more affordable alternative to the Pajero and Patrol .

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    maybe the title of the thread should be, "Is the Fortuner a poor man's Toyota LC Prado?"

but i still don't think so... sa ibang bansa pwede pa, but not in the Philippines... TMP marketed the Fortuner as "affordable" luxury SUV... hnd kc sila naglabas ng manual tranny, though kulang pa rin sa specs, like cruise control, touch screen LCD monitor, curtain airbag... but it still works due to its reputation...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    medyo malayo nga relation ng harrier and fortuner. magkaiba rin sila ng chassis. parang hindi sila same line. ang next level nga siguro ng Fortuner is the Prado then Land Cruiser (LC200). parang Vios-Altis-Camry heirarchy.

come to think of it, parang mas correct suv heirarchy of toyota (at least for the phils) is rav4-prado-land cruiser. yung innova-hilux-fort ang magkalinya.

wala ring "international counterpart" ang fort kasi yung chassis nya based sa IMV project which is specific for the asia/africa market.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    parang mas panget pa yung harrier kesa fortuner bwahaha

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    medyo malayo nga relation ng harrier and fortuner. magkaiba rin sila ng chassis. parang hindi sila same line. ang next level nga siguro ng Fortuner is the Prado then Land Cruiser (LC200). parang Vios-Altis-Camry heirarchy.

come to think of it, parang mas correct suv heirarchy of toyota (at least for the phils) is rav4-prado-land cruiser. yung innova-hilux-fort ang magkalinya.

wala ring "international counterpart" ang fort kasi yung chassis nya based sa IMV project which is specific for the asia/africa market.
    dito sa west indies daming fortuner,most of them taxi lang.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    BMW X5 sana gusto ko, kaso I'm dirt poor kaya pinag-tyagaan ko na lang Fortuner ko. Kung palarin at manalo sa lotto baka makabili na ng X5, gawin ko pang dalawa, male & female para dumami. he he he

So the answer is YES.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For what you get? Yes. The old Pajero Fieldmaster, before they canned it, cost almost 2 million pesos, had an ancient turbodiesel and no 4WD option. Compared to that, the Montero Sport is cheap.

Cheap, however, has nothing to do with how good or bad a vehicle is, and is a relative term.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is the Fortuner a poor man's Toyota Harrier?