New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The Fortuner aesthetically bore resemblance to the Toyota Harrier. The latter was not release here. Would the former be a downgraded rebadged?

Toyota Harrier

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i cant afford a fortuner..e di mas poorer pa ako sa poor?

IMHO, fortuner is one of the best selling SUV here in philippines and they are generic everywhere, a friend of mine who is millionaire in every right has one..so i don't think it's a poor man's harrier...

though i havent seen one hehehee

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the Harrier is a rebadged Lexus. So no it would not be.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    It is actually a rebadged Lexus RX330.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    From the looks of it, even five Fortuners won't even add up to one Harrier.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Yung first-gen na Harrier ang similar sa looks sa current fortuner. Car-based (sa Camry) ang Harrier and pick-up based ang Fort. Pero marami rin sila (Harrier) sa daan doon sa Japan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last edited by ryu101010; October 29th, 2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added link

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't matter if a rich man owns one... the Fort is still a cheap SUV... just like the Everest and Alterra... a ladder-frame, pick-up based seven seater built primarily for Asian consumption. It's not as modern or global as more mainstream SUVs like the Pajero.

I mean, there are rich guys who own SiRs and Lancer GSRs... or even cruddy old BJ40 Landcruisers... things which they play with like toys... doesn't mean that they're not cheap... ;) ...to each his own... ;) I guess the attraction of the Fort is that it looks pretty good, drives well enough (as long as you're in the front seat, the ride is bearable) and is actually capable off-road.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Never heard of a Toyota Harrier. hehe. But a lot says a poor man's SUV. Why poor man's is probably because the ''have nots" care so much for resale value while the ''haves" doesn't mind at all. Kaya ang dami ng Forts sa daan. Everbody wants to sell their Forts even before owning it. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    isn't that a lexus rx350?
    The latter was not release here. Would the former be a downgraded rebadged?
    ayos lang yan, sa pagkakaalam ko kasi magkakaroon na ng lexus dito sa pinas so technically magkakaroon na rin niyan dito

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is the Fortuner a poor man's Toyota Harrier?