New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We just got our dark grey Fortuner this afternoon, and I was very excited to drive it around kaso lang nga wala pang plates and may "no plate, no travel" policy, so dun muna sya sa garahe. Kaso nawala excitement ko when I knew from my classmate sa graduate studies na their black Fortuner was CARJACKED at white plains a few days ago, he told me that his dad was driving it and a car(s) blocked theirs and men with armalites came down and pointed their guns at his dad. They didn't fight back and gave the car to the carjackers. Nakuha daw nila downpayment nila from the insurance company...eto malupet, nagdown na sila ulit for another fortuner

Sabi ng nanay ko ibalik na daw namin ang Fortuner namin, after magintay ng ilang buwan, ibabalik din pala!

Ingat na lang kayo fellow tsikoteers...mahirap na...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sad to hear this news. Pinakahihintay mo tapos mawawala din pala. But I guess ingat lang siguro ang kailangan, the most important thing is to pray always.

Matindi talaga yung friend mo, die-hard sa Fortuner.
    Come to think of it, at least walang nasaktan at bago na uli ride nila.
    Just on the positive side lang po.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm136:2
    Sad to hear this news. Pinakahihintay mo tapos mawawala din pala. But I guess ingat lang siguro ang kailangan, the most important thing is to pray always.

Matindi talaga yung friend mo, die-hard sa Fortuner.
    Come to think of it, at least walang nasaktan at bago na uli ride nila.
    Just on the positive side lang po.

Well that's really bad. But I'm just surprise that people waiting up for months trying to get a Fortuner and for them, they get the replacement so soon. Di kaya bagong scam yan?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    on a related note, i see riced out fortuners here, fugly as hell.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    apexi:

Wala pa naman silang bagong car agad, nagdown lang sila, i dunno kung makukuha nila agad or magiintay din sila ng ilang buwan -_-'

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess we must not let these incidents dictate our way of living. If you want a Fortuner, then go ahead buy one and enjoy it. Just take the necessary safety measures.

No use living in fear, IMHO.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Well that's really bad. But I'm just surprise that people waiting up for months trying to get a Fortuner and for them, they get the replacement so soon. Di kaya bagong scam yan?
    Well, I guess so. With times like these, people think of absurd ideas just to earn a buck. But for whose benefit?
    1. On the buyer's/owner's side, it's a traumatic experience for sure. Unless gusto nilang lagi bago Fortuner nila.
    2. On the Insurance side, siguradong tataas ang premiums (wag naman sana) pag ganito lagi nangyayari. Otherwise, maraming maluluging insurance firms.
    3. Sa dealer side naman, they have to deal with complaints from traumatized buyers; at the same time may be forced to come up with a new security device attached, built-in sa vehicle para siguradong replaceable during warranty period. (eto ang ok)
    Kaduda-duda ba talaga?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kurosaki_ichigo
    We just got our dark grey Fortuner this afternoon, and I was very excited to drive it around kaso lang nga wala pang plates and may "no plate, no travel" policy, so dun muna sya sa garahe. Kaso nawala excitement ko when I knew from my classmate sa graduate studies na their black Fortuner was CARJACKED at white plains a few days ago, he told me that his dad was driving it and a car(s) blocked theirs and men with armalites came down and pointed their guns at his dad. They didn't fight back and gave the car to the carjackers. Nakuha daw nila downpayment nila from the insurance company...eto malupet, nagdown na sila ulit for another fortuner

Sabi ng nanay ko ibalik na daw namin ang Fortuner namin, after magintay ng ilang buwan, ibabalik din pala!

Ingat na lang kayo fellow tsikoteers...mahirap na...
    When and what time did this incident happened? Was this the same incident that attynorby posted before?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by retinasurgeon
    When and what time did this incident happened? Was this the same incident that attynorby posted before?
    I think they're one and the same. Sila yata yung galing sa meeting or party ng mga gas dealers or something... The couple who owned the Fortuner own a chain of fuel dealerships, I think... Hmmm... Buti carjack lang at hindi kidnapping ang ginawa.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I guess we must not let these incidents dictate our way of living. If you want a Fortuner, then go ahead buy one and enjoy it. Just take the necessary safety measures.

No use living in fear, IMHO.
    Word.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Fortuner Owners: Be careful of Carjackers