The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Isang sakong palay lang yan

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    Old man emu. we had our fortuners shocks replaced last year. nung una sabi ko very minimal lang ng change. sayang sa pera.

then last month naka sakay ako sa fortuner ng friend ko.

nahilo ako sa ride. grabe. ang tagtag nga pala ng stock.

there i saw the difference. malaki din pinag iba.

imho no need to change the springs. kasi sa old man kapag palit ka springs the ride height will increase. sa hnr naman eh bababa.

im very satisfied sa ride nia ngayon. old man plus stock springs
    pardon the ignorance.
    whats and old man emu?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "Old Man Emu" is a brand for aftermarket suspension parts. They specialize in trucks and off-roaders.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    has anybody had both the fortuner and trooper experience? i wonder which one had a smoother ride?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    let's summarize:

1.change stock shocks to OME
    2. load 1 sack of sand(cheaper than rice)
    3. dont forget- ''bonamine tabs" (tanggal hilo)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I wouldn't lower the tire pressure THAT much. Delikado din kasi sa blow-out eh dahil baka me-deform ang belts. There are ads for aftermarket springs but I haven't tried them myself.

Seriously though. Ride comfort is one of the things that should be tested in the test drive.

Doon sa hindi pa nakaka-try, kung gusto niyo talaga nice ride, try the FXT. Grabe. Palagay ko next down will be the SF.
    Test drove the Forester XT once, and was surprise how extremely comfortable it is. Mas maganda ride nya kaysa bagong accord.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post

Doon sa hindi pa nakaka-try, kung gusto niyo talaga nice ride, try the FXT. Grabe. Palagay ko next down will be the SF.
    Test drove the Forester XT once, and was surprised how extremely comfortable it is and without compromising handling. Mas maganda ride nya kaysa bagong accord.

To improve your fort's ride significantly I think you should fit it with air bag suspension. Kaya nga lang it's expensive and dont know if kits are made for fortuners.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    sori double post.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by conspicuous View Post
    has anybody had both the fortuner and trooper experience? i wonder which one had a smoother ride?
    Had a 2001 trooper, better ride than fortuner for city roads. But on winding roads, the fortuner has less sway. Overall, fortuner ride isn't bad for an SUV.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    try the shocks sold by kilton motors. JA ata siya. it's around 15thou for the 2 reare springs. the ride height is the same, it's softer and more comfortable than the stock springs. satisfied friend ko who changed his. the iebach springs are also good daw. it;s a set of 4 springs. the ride will be alowered by almost an inch,but i guess it's ok since the fort is tall.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Fortuner: how to improve riding comfort?