New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by franci_rod
    Greenligh, Cool! How much did the 6 sensors cost you?

Vicoyski, where did you have your sensors color keyed? I'm assuming you didn't have to have your whole rear bumper repainted. Thanks!
    Hi franci_rod,
    I got my 6-unit sensor at Toyota Makati. They initially quoted at P8k but I was able to haggle down to P6.7K. The price is still high. I was following a thread here about backup sensor and the prices I saw there was around P4K for the 4-unit model. I tried to go to the shop they referred to at Pasong Tamo (sorry but I don't remember the name of the shop, paki search na lang ang thread) but at that time, mga november, they still have not installed on a Fortuner at black lang ang color na available. And when my bumper was damaged, I took it as a signal to buy the sensor at a casa as to not void the warranty.
    Just to add, my unit has a mirror unit which displays the distance to the obstruction and the direction. However, to make this work, there is a wire from the rear view mirror to the top of the ceiling. Since our rearview mirror is attached to the windshield and not to the ceiling. Medyo pangit but tolerable naman.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlight
    Hi franci_rod,
    I got my 6-unit sensor at Toyota Makati. They initially quoted at P8k but I was able to haggle down to P6.7K. The price is still high. I was following a thread here about backup sensor and the prices I saw there was around P4K for the 4-unit model. I tried to go to the shop they referred to at Pasong Tamo (sorry but I don't remember the name of the shop, paki search na lang ang thread) but at that time, mga november, they still have not installed on a Fortuner at black lang ang color na available. And when my bumper was damaged, I took it as a signal to buy the sensor at a casa as to not void the warranty.
    Just to add, my unit has a mirror unit which displays the distance to the obstruction and the direction. However, to make this work, there is a wire from the rear view mirror to the top of the ceiling. Since our rearview mirror is attached to the windshield and not to the ceiling. Medyo pangit but tolerable naman.
    Thanks dude! Balak ko rin kasi kunin yung 6 unit sensor. Also, I was thinking, can they make it 3 front and 3 rear sensor config? Is this actually possible? Bilib ako sayo at kay Vicoyski! Haggling the price down and having a turbo timer installed for free at the dealers! Ano ba tactics niyo? Share!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by franci_rod
    Thanks dude! Balak ko rin kasi kunin yung 6 unit sensor. Also, I was thinking, can they make it 3 front and 3 rear sensor config? Is this actually possible? Bilib ako sayo at kay Vicoyski! Haggling the price down and having a turbo timer installed for free at the dealers! Ano ba tactics niyo? Share!
    Design of most backup sensors are on the sides of the bumper kaya I doubt it if you can make it 3 front and 3 back. Unless you find a brand whose design is 3 + 3. The installler can't just change the position of the sensor as designed. However, I have seen in one car that they have 3 backup sensors at the back. I just don't recall what it was or whether it was stock but I did recall na Korean ang brand. Parang van ata eh..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chorizo
    RATS Katipunan, P26,800 including labor cash or card. Sabi nila I'm only the second 4x2, puro 4x4 yung napalitan nila. I'll do a full comparison this week with my officemate's stock 4x2. Baka kasi psychological lang yung changes na napansin ko dahil sa $$$ na ginastos ko. :bwahaha:
    Chorizo pare, did your ride improve? Pa bigay ng review naman dyan pare

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by liliputman
    Chorizo pare, did your ride improve? Pa bigay ng review naman dyan pare
    Sorry for the late reply, dsl problems.

I've logged almost 2000km with the OME and I can say the ride did improve. The bounce is still there but blunt as compared to being sharp with the stock shocks. I rode in the 3rd row (as the 6th passenger) for the 1st time since I changed the shocks to check the ride a few days ago and it was comfortable experience. My usual route would take me through the new katipunan/blue ridge underpass and if you notice, the ateneo bound lane is bumpy coming out of the tunnel. My entire body would bop up and down in my chair before but not anymore.

It's worth the change IMO.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hi Chorizo,
    Just curious, what did you do with the original shocks? Did you trade this in?

I am now looking at options on how to improve the ride of my Fortuner. Aside from the shocks, will changing the coil springs also improve the ride? I think I read this in one of the threads before which I will searching again.

Thanks.
    Last edited by greenlight; March 24th, 2006 at 12:40 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    which is better for the fortuner a headrest monitor or a overhead monitor for dvd

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlight
    Hi Chorizo,
    Just curious, what did you do with the original shocks? Did you trade this in?

I am now looking at options on how to improve the ride of my Fortuner. Aside from the shocks, will changing the coil springs also improve the ride? I think I read this in one of the threads before which I will searching again.

Thanks.
    I didn't know what to do with the original shocks so I just put them in storage. I'm sure changing the coil springs will enhance the ride further, I'm just not sure kung available na ito sa local market. Pero as of now, happy na ako.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I didn't know what to do with the original shocks so I just put them in storage. I'm sure changing the coil springs will enhance the ride further, I'm just not sure kung available na ito sa local market. Pero as of now, happy na ako.
    Thanks for the tip. I better start saving for this.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    RATS Katipunan, P26,800 including labor cash or card. Sabi nila I'm only the second 4x2, puro 4x4 yung napalitan nila. I'll do a full comparison this week with my officemate's stock 4x2. Baka kasi psychological lang yung changes na napansin ko dahil sa $$$ na ginastos ko. :bwahaha:
    Hi chorizo, can you give me the exact address of RATS? thanks

Fortuner Accessories