New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JunDC
    Vicoyski: ask o lang how much you paid for the turbo timer and how long will they install it? tia...
    Got the Turbo Timer from Miggyboy Accessories for less than P2T. Had it installed free at the dealership, thanks to my kind SA! Installation will take less than a day.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Had mine installed at the dealer, eh. Kinaibigan ko yung SA, so my Turbo Timer (which I got from MiggyBoy Accessories) was installed at no cost, whatsoever. I'll try and see if I can get some pics of where the orange wire got tapped. I think it needs to get tapped to make sure that your alarm engages when the engine shuts-off after the countdown.

Here's a pic of where I placed the display unit/button - which is at the center button cluster beside the rear ACU switch.

Was considering installing it at the left side button cluster. However, the steering wheel tends to get in the way when you reach for the button.
    Wanted to put it there too, but found the display too bright. thanks for the inputs, i guess i have to check if the alarm does indeed work.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by franci_rod
    Mga sir, I have a 2.5D4D variant. Do I need a turbo timer too? AFAIK, the 2.5 D4D has a turbo, hindi nga lang intercooler. This is my first Diesel/Turbo powered engine and I'm curious if I need a turbo timer installed too. Is this necessary? What is it for? thanks!
    If you are disciplined enough to wait for a minute or two before shutting-off your engine after a long highspeed drive, you won't need the turbo timer. But, if you are always in a hurry, a turbo timer will work well for you.

The timer helps ensure that you're giving your turbo ample time to cool itself down before you turn off your engine. As to the kind of damage you can get from not cooling down your turbo, please search for the appropriate thread here.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    turbo timer ba pwede sa gas ?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    pwede if your ride has turbo.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    And since the Fortuner 2.7 vvti has no turbo therefore the timer is not needed. :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Has anyone tried these from Ziebart?
    1) Diamond Gloss
    2) Undercoat Sound Barrier

How much will these cost and how long does it take for both applications?

Does the Undercoat sound barrier really improve sound dampenning? Does it protect against rust? Or shall I have a separate rust proofing applied?

Thanks for your inputs....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Had mine DG, Php8,200.00.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    If you are disciplined enough to wait for a minute or two before shutting-off your engine after a long highspeed drive, you won't need the turbo timer. But, if you are always in a hurry, a turbo timer will work well for you.

The timer helps ensure that you're giving your turbo ample time to cool itself down before you turn off your engine. As to the kind of damage you can get from not cooling down your turbo, please search for the appropriate thread here.
    Sir Vicoy, follow-up question lang kay Franci_Rod.

If you are driving at a highspeed, however, you slowed down to 20-40 KPH for a minute or 2. Do you still have to idle your engine before turning it off? Tnx

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by herbularyo
    Sir Vicoy, follow-up question lang kay Franci_Rod.

If you are driving at a highspeed, however, you slowed down to 20-40 KPH for a minute or 2. Do you still have to idle your engine before turning it off? Tnx
    Someone here once posted that if you run your vehicle below 1500rpm for over 2-3 minutes, you wont' have to idle your engine for 1 or 2 minutes before turning the ignition switch off. Actually, that's what I do. I make sure I don't go over 1500rpm while looking for a parking slot. If the parking slot search takes longer, I won't use my turbo timer anymore.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Fortuner Accessories