The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    star sensor??

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    For the info of fortuner owners, OME shocks are now available for your rides.

Has anyone tried changing their shocks to OME? Balita ko P26,600 ang package. Definitely softer ride but actual experience would be helpfull. Any feedback please.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sean jedi
    sir vic, quick question lang, had the same turbo timer you have installed, problem lang pag nakaactivate na, umiilaw yung abs warning light ko( d ko napansin nung pinainstall ko). pag di ko naman ginamit yung timer d naman lumalabas. na experience mo na ba 'to?
    I'm just having my turbo timer installed. Nakakabit na actually. But, a wire tapping to the alarm ON hasn't been connected. The timer already counts down but it doesn't leave the enigine running pa. My unit is now in the casa for the final wire-tap. I haven't noticed that the ABS light switches on. Pa-check mo sa nag-install ang timer mo. One possibility is that he may have tapped to a wrong wire.

Update kita once I get my unit later.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    sir vic, quick question lang, had the same turbo timer you have installed, problem lang pag nakaactivate na, umiilaw yung abs warning light ko( d ko napansin nung pinainstall ko). pag di ko naman ginamit yung timer d naman lumalabas. na experience mo na ba 'to?
    I'm just having my turbo timer installed. Nakakabit na actually. But, a wire tapping to the alarm ON hasn't been connected. The timer already counts down but it doesn't leave the enigine running pa. My unit is now in the casa for the final wire-tap. I haven't noticed that the ABS light switches on. Pa-check mo sa nag-install ang timer mo. One possibility is that he may have tapped to a wrong wire.

Update kita once I get my unit later.
    Just got my unit. The ABS light does come on when the timer counts down to shut-off. It's a reminder daw so that you will engage your handbrake and shift the stick to Park. Else, your unit might roll until it hits something (or someone) as the turbo timer counts down to shut-off.

I really like the audible countdown beeps. I'll post pics later...
    Last edited by vicoyski; January 9th, 2006 at 02:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Just got my unit. The ABS light does come on when the timer counts down to shut-off. It's a reminder daw so that you will engage your handbrake and shift the stick to Park. Else, your unit might roll until it hits something (or someone) as the turbo timer counts down to shut-off.

I really like the audible countdown beeps. I'll post pics later...
    Good to hear na ganun talaga pala. i thought may problem sakin. I'll be using it again. I stopped using it kasi when i saw the abs light up. problem na lang are the stares i get from people when they see me arm the alarm and leave the engine running... BTW, did you get to install the orange wire?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Good to hear na ganun talaga pala. i thought may problem sakin. I'll be using it again. I stopped using it kasi when i saw the abs light up. problem na lang are the stares i get from people when they see me arm the alarm and leave the engine running... BTW, did you get to install the orange wire?

Yup! All wires got installed daw... Why'd you ask?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mga sir, I have a 2.5D4D variant. Do I need a turbo timer too? AFAIK, the 2.5 D4D has a turbo, hindi nga lang intercooler. This is my first Diesel/Turbo powered engine and I'm curious if I need a turbo timer installed too. Is this necessary? What is it for? thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005

My installer couldn't trace where to tap the orange wire (i believe its for the engine cut-off sa alarm) i'm really not sure. May cut-off ba ang alarm system natin? I would really appreciate it if you could post pics kung saan naka-tap.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    My installer couldn't trace where to tap the orange wire (i believe its for the engine cut-off sa alarm) i'm really not sure. May cut-off ba ang alarm system natin? I would really appreciate it if you could post pics kung saan naka-tap.
    Had mine installed at the dealer, eh. Kinaibigan ko yung SA, so my Turbo Timer (which I got from MiggyBoy Accessories) was installed at no cost, whatsoever. I'll try and see if I can get some pics of where the orange wire got tapped. I think it needs to get tapped to make sure that your alarm engages when the engine shuts-off after the countdown.

Here's a pic of where I placed the display unit/button - which is at the center button cluster beside the rear ACU switch.

Was considering installing it at the left side button cluster. However, the steering wheel tends to get in the way when you reach for the button.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vicoyski: ask o lang how much you paid for the turbo timer and how long will they install it? tia...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Fortuner Accessories