New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT: For me, its better to have 4wd than not have it when you need it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    OT:
    Ang masakit nito, pagkatapos bumili ng Fortuner na 4x4, and then later on realized na hindi pala niya kailangan ng 4x4. I think there are lots of car owner out there that bought 4x4 rig that haven't tried using its 4x4 system.
    Kung Awd very unlikely na mangyari ito.

Ang mas masakit ay yung bibili ng 4x2 variant thinking na its capabilities are the same as the 4x4. Maraming uneducated when it comes to these things. Dapat tinuturuan ng dealers.

Yung brochure ng Mitsu Strada na bago may explanation kung para saan ang 4wd shifter.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    in some countries, there are fortuners that are also equipped with rear differential lock... unlike here locally they don't have.

sa mga may experience with differential locks, kelangan ba present both front & rear differential locks?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may isa pang masakit, yun may 4WD pero di alam gamitin. :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    in some countries, there are fortuners that are also equipped with rear differential lock... unlike here locally they don't have.

sa mga may experience with differential locks, kelangan ba present both front & rear differential locks?
    There are only a few production trucks with both front and rear lockers. AFAIK the Mercedes Benz G500, Jeep Rubicon, and Dodge Power Wagon are the only mass produced vehicle with both front and rear lockers. Most trucks with lockers only have it on the rear and all are very capable off roaders. If you know what diff you have you can even check the ARB website to install air lockers on a truck that doesn't have it originally.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    well lets accept the fact that marami sa atin ang natutong mag drive ng 4wd thru hands on.. not thru manuals. although is a must na talagang basahin muna ang manual to learn its basics.. in my case, di ako marunong mag-basa..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Locally sold Nissan PAtrol Safari series comes with rear diff lock straight from the casa.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I have a friend who owned a frontier 4x4 and twice lng nya nagamit ang 4x4 for 5 years.. humihigop daw ng diesel.. hehehe.
    Last edited by finchy18; October 18th, 2006 at 04:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fortuner 4wd system