New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i remember right, mas malambot yung D-Max ride. Pati Strada.

Kasing talbog ng Nissan Frontier yung Hilux na ito hehehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    In Thailand, a similarly equipped Hi-Lux would be outfitted with a 16" alloy like the Fortuner's (265/70 R16 7JJ ). I guess the victim of Toyota's costing cutting measures for the PDM (Phil. Domestic Market)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    argh, the Hilux doesnt have ABS, rear defogger and passenger side airbag.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    vhenok,

di naman, the Hilux makes great sense as a work truck, especially for a corporate fleet. hindi nga lang masyadong comfortable para sa driver, pero kung pickup truck talaga yung kailangan, halos lahat naman ng pickups talagang trucky and feel and ride.

It just doesn't make any sense as a daily driver if you don't need the pickup bed for serious hauling.
    yup, agree po! thanks for d info & sorry for the confusion....

eto nga kasi misconception of using the pickups eh....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dropped by otep's house today in between errands for a brief impromptu off-road run at a nearby construction site...

* The Hilux is one the most stylish pickups on the market even if the 255/70R-15 wheels look a tad puny. Such an imposing presence on the road.
    yan lang ang isa ayaw ko sa Hilux, maliit nga ang gulong nya. and I managed to compare its height side by side with 2nd gen strada sa parking lot. mas mataas pa din hilux

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    interested lang tagala ako sa safety ng hilux... I feel its the only thing holding it back. engine, style points, everything is no contest hands down a winner!!!! but safety? any reviews on safety? how does the absense of abs/ebd affect offroad in the rain/mud? hows about braking distance etc? 1 airbag only?

Shift on the fly ba ang 4x4 ng hilux? Hi-Low ba ang 4x4 setting nya? 4H? 4L? and ano
    yun max speed when 4x4 is engaged?

I must admit, having a black hilux with beige interior is not very conveniet option coming from a detailing standpoint esp. if you are an adventurer... Hirap imaintain ang black paint, tapos dumihin pa ang beige, lalo na cloth interior pa. I know, I have a black+beige car hehehe.

nakakatempt talaga magswitch to real 4x4 truck lalo pag dumating ang flood season again...

kumusta yu pagbackup? mahirap ba? yun rear window nya maliit talaga. tapos ganun pa kalaki at katangkad yun car, talagang wala ka makikita sa likod mo lalo na't lowrider car naka tailgate sa yo? he would literally go right underneath should he hit you at the rear.

regarding the ride harshness, I think its normal in a truck. it is expected. it would exceed expectations if it was atleast SUV-like softness . Actually, mascomportable ang mga newly redesigned pickups. We had a 97 strada and it was a backbreaking endeavor for trips to the province...

I wonder how the hilux would fair against the triton and new ranger????

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mbt, carlo, did you observe if the 3.0 D4-D appeared "smoky" (excessive and visible white smoke emitting from the exhaust during idle and acceleration).

Below is what I observed from a 3.0V Fortuner. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I observed a Fortuner 3.0V today and I noticed that the exhaust is quite smoky and it emitted more smoke (carbon-particles) during acceleration. Is this normal for a diesel this new? I can only imagine the view of what the back of this vehicle would be like as the diesel engine gets run-in with more mileages covered.

And no, I'm not putting the vehicle down. I'm just trying to raise this concern. A sales agent is offering me a 4x4 and I'm still in the process of deciding whether to get it not.

btw, this was observed in a hot sunny afternoon, with the car on a stand still idle and driven away afterwards.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ko lang sure kung shift-on-the-fly yung part-time 4wd ng hilux. yes it has low-range.
    backing up is very difficult, i suppose at least until you get used to seeing nothing but the roof of the car behind you!

number001,

actually, that was one thing i noticed with the hilux: it emitted very little smoke. even with the engine revved. even with the engine lugging and about to die. at idle. no noticeable tailpipe emissions for the most part.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Mbt, carlo, did you observe if the 3.0 D4-D appeared "smoky" (excessive and visible white smoke emitting from the exhaust during idle and acceleration).

Below is what I observed from a 3.0V Fortuner. What do you think?
    it was not "smoky" during idle and acceleration.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    number001,

actually, that was one thing i noticed with the hilux: it emitted very little smoke. even with the engine revved. even with the engine lugging and about to die. at idle. no noticeable tailpipe emissions for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    it was not "smoky" during idle and acceleration.
    Ok, thanks for the feedabacks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Extended drive: 2005 Toyota Hilux 3.0d 4x4