New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    it's like deciding between two girls, one's a hot one and another's a common girl with a face. then kakausapin mo sarili mo: "di'bale mas magtatagal naman kami ni girl #2, wife material sya, pang-housewife like an old shoe sobra mag-benefit ako in the long run coz she's like forever. she came from a good family with good parents etc... etc ..."

parang ito yun theme ng thread na ito hehehe. it's looks an optra, d'bale it's a Toyota. the design is so late 90'ish, di'bale it's a Toyota naman. it will probably sell like hotcakes like the previous ones kasi it's a Toyota. gamitan natin ng ibang kulay baka gumanda etc etc hehehe

it's like tricking your subconscious to emit a desire that isn't even there in the first place.
    You could have just said "I hate Toyota, I love Honda"

Back to the topic

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hehe lumalabas na yata ang mga toyota fanboys...

time to get pop corn

I'm no toyota fanboy, I drive a Nissan.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    tis funny, but I prefer the blander front end of this JDM than that of the Altis'. rule is, don't go messing with conservative shapes unless every elements will follow.

the headlights just turn me off whenever I look at it like it doesn't belong there. where did they get the inspiration from to create such an organic shape? I guess the designer tried so hard to follow the contours along the sloping grille. Nice try though

Ad agency may term this visual as the "dynamic angle" as in the best element of a subject looked like it's jutting out of the screen. They tend to make any image engaging and complex more than what it really is. Axio looks fast and mean from this perspective, yes?

back to reality shot, although I agree with everybody that Corollas one of those low keys but then again shouldn't the X gen's package design evolve from its classic aesthetic genre to a totally new specie to celebrate the icon? It's a big 10 and in all honesty- it needs to show some more claws and teeth apart from its performance and reliability to prove that it's no dweeb.

Note: I treat a car like I would a person. I may like her personality(***?) but hate her face... or vice versa. just kidding :-D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    it's like deciding between two girls, one's a hot one and another's a common girl with a face. then kakausapin mo sarili mo: "di'bale mas magtatagal naman kami ni girl #2, wife material sya, pang-housewife like an old shoe sobra mag-benefit ako in the long run coz she's like forever. she came from a good family with good parents etc... etc ..."

parang ito yun theme ng thread na ito hehehe. it's looks an optra, d'bale it's a Toyota. the design is so late 90'ish, di'bale it's a Toyota naman. it will probably sell like hotcakes like the previous ones kasi it's a Toyota. gamitan natin ng ibang kulay baka gumanda etc etc hehehe

it's like tricking your subconscious to emit a desire that isn't even there in the first place.
    You are so right. Corollas are not meant to win beauty contests, but rather owners' hearts on a long-term basis. Many motorists want a no-nonsense daily driver instead of a looker that's gonna become a lemon in a few years. Despite that though, I still think this 10th gen isn't as proportioned as the 7th one. The tail looks long - much like the current City. This may be a measure undertaken to somehow improve weight distribution, but then again, at the expense of styling. Dashboard-wise, finally they've pulled it off. Corolla instrument panels used to be so anonymous.

Well, we'll just have to wait for the actual units to come here. We can't tell whether or not we'll get a different front and rear design.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hyndai sta fe > *

Edit somebody needs to get off fumes.........

Edit2 my diesel engine would own that car.......... :hysterical:

Edit3 Can't afford a land cruiser sta fe is the way to go....... :hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    haha! it's just not worth it to "hate" a brand

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yeah Hondas are really exciting, they get your blood pressure up in a bad way...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hahaha kami din *psylocke applicable samin HONDA acronym mo....

bwahahahahahaha

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i'm quite surprised na fitted na kagad against sa honda civic ang axios na ito, like they're nemesis. even sa 2-yr old sporty mazda3 hindi pumasa ang design neto.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
eto na 10th Gen Corolla