New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ayan kitang kita yung difference ng 2 variants ng GEN2.

Im about to buy a 1.5 GEN1 Vios. The year is 04. Yung instrument panel nya is Digital pati yung RPM. looks cool din

Any more feedbacks sa Fuel Consumption nya?

Does the 1.5 GEN1 and 1.5 GEN2 have the same engine also?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sa alam ko hindi naman talaga nagpalit ng makina ang gen1 at gen2 na Vios eh. It was largely a case of "if it ain't broke why fix it?" according to Toyota.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    i think the rectangular fog lamps came first followed by the circle one, and carried out to the current generation. nothing much ang difference ng magkaibang version ng gen1,aside from the front and rear bumpers, di ko alam paano ko ieexplain anu pagkakaiba nila hehe pero mapapansin talaga.
    ahhh yun lang pala. headlight, fog lamps, bumper. kala ko kasi may upgrade sa interior e.hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Sa alam ko hindi naman talaga nagpalit ng makina ang gen1 at gen2 na Vios eh. It was largely a case of "if it ain't broke why fix it?" according to Toyota.
    ahhh so wala palang difference. im planning to buy a GEN 1 na 1.5, i think this will be a good buy

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    ahhh so wala palang difference. im planning to buy a GEN 1 na 1.5, i think this will be a good buy
    i heard from a friend na ang engine and/or suspension ng gen 1 and 2 vios came from echo for 1.3L and echo verso for 1.5L

same as the all new altis, engine came from the previous model altis except for the 2.0V variant na baka sa old camry naman hinugot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the engine power, we've i've driven both the 1st and 2nd gen 1.3E and for some reason, the newer gen seems to drive livelier (less weight? Less restrictive exhaust? ECU tuning? i'm not sure). Both are torqueless though and it becomes evident when it comes to steep climbs with a passenger load.

On space, 2nd gen by a mile.

A sidenote on the Yaris instrument cluster; have you guys noticed that its more angled and positioned for RHD?
    Last edited by vinj; February 12th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    1st gen sabi is more lighter.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    1st gen sabi is more lighter.
    Sir lighter po, hindi po more lighter.

Para hindi OT, i think they do have the same engine and the difference would only be the other parts, which is I don't know...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa english ka pala magaling sir. hindi sa thread na ito. hihi.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I don't have a picture of the 1.5G Vios gauges but here is the one in Yaris (they are almost the same). Notice in the 1.3L variants black and white lang yung fuel gauge pero sa 1.5L naka blue light sya again ala Civic FD. And of course the speedo and tacho are optitron!

i own a 1st gen vios 1.5g and its speedo is digital..1.3,1.3e are the ones who have it optitron and their gas gauges only are digital..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Does the 1st and 2nd generation VIOS have the same engine?