New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi guys tanong lang. im planning to buy a friend's 1st gen 1.5 VIOS Matic.
    kamustahin ko din yung Fuel consumption nya kung matipid or matakaw? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yup they have the same engine. though ang haka-haka mas matulin daw ang 2nd gen versus the first gen. in terms of fuel consumption, di nagkakalayo, im sure parehong tipid. but may konti difference lang naman ang FC ng AT vs Mt. MT obviously has the upperhand in Fuel efficiency. i think the engine code is 1NZfe or something.

my mom have the 2nd gen 1.5 at, it averages a minimum of 15km/l mostly nlex driven(bal-meyc). average speed is 80-100kph

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    yup they have the same engine. though ang haka-haka mas matulin daw ang 2nd gen versus the first gen. in terms of fuel consumption, di nagkakalayo, im sure parehong tipid. but may konti difference lang naman ang FC ng AT vs Mt. MT obviously has the upperhand in Fuel efficiency. i think the engine code is 1NZfe or something.

my mom have the 2nd gen 1.5 at, it averages a minimum of 15km/l mostly nlex driven(bal-meyc). average speed is 80-100kph
    wow ok na ok ang FC nya a. considering 1.5 pa yung engine nya.

any mroe inputs guys? yung difference din ata nila is hindi na digital yung sa dashboard panel sa 2nd gen?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mas malaki ang 2nd gen space wise... The gauges are no longer digital but are optitron with blue halo (ala Civic FD)...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Yup. Hindi siya digital sa 2nd gen vs. sa 1st gen yata ay digital(?) katulad ng civic fd ngayon.

But to replace the digital speedo, they added the optitron gauges exclusive only for the 1.5 variants . ;)

Syempre, sa altis, innova, fortuner etc. etc. may optitron din. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks sa inputs guys.

Ive also noticed sa Gen 1 na Vios, there are 2 kinds, yung isa fog lamps is circle and yung isa rectangular, aside from the fog lamps and headlight difference. ano pa kaya yung ibang pagkakaiba nilang 2 na 1st GEN Vios?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    2NZ-FE = 1.3
    1NZ-FE = 1.5

Kami 1.3E 2nd gen, 12km/l city driving with 10% highway (NLEX Valenzuela to Balintawak pag papasok lang ng school), once ko pa lang nasusukat. Di ko pa alam pure highway kasi once in a blue moon lang kami mag out of town hehe.

RE: 1st gen foglamps. Yup dalawa yun, yung isa rectangular yung isa pabilog (i don't know which of the two came from the facelift).. Tingin ko pinagkaiba lang nila is on the exterior lang. Isama mo na yung rims.

RE: Speedometer, di po digital na ala civic FD yung both 1st and 2nd gen. (nasisilip ko rin kasi minsan sa mga 1st gen vios taxi yung mga speedo hehe). Ang digital sa 2nd gen is yung fuel indicator.

2nd Gen. 1.3E

Last edited by Chikselog; February 7th, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    Thanks sa inputs guys.

Ive also noticed sa Gen 1 na Vios, there are 2 kinds, yung isa fog lamps is circle and yung isa rectangular, aside from the fog lamps and headlight difference. ano pa kaya yung ibang pagkakaiba nilang 2 na 1st GEN Vios?
    i think the rectangular fog lamps came first followed by the circle one, and carried out to the current generation. nothing much ang difference ng magkaibang version ng gen1,aside from the front and rear bumpers, di ko alam paano ko ieexplain anu pagkakaiba nila hehe pero mapapansin talaga.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    RE: Speedometer, di po digital na ala civic FD yung both 1st and 2nd gen. (nasisilip ko rin kasi minsan sa mga 1st gen vios taxi yung mga speedo hehe). Ang digital sa 2nd gen is yung fuel indicator.
    Analog yung mga speedo's ng 1.3J at 1.3E sa 1st gen, hence that's why sa mga taxi's ganun.

Ang alam ko na digital ang speedo is yung 1.5G lang, the TOTL variant in the Vios lineup.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I don't have a picture of the 1.5G Vios gauges but here is the one in Yaris (they are almost the same). Notice in the 1.3L variants black and white lang yung fuel gauge pero sa 1.5L naka blue light sya again ala Civic FD. And of course the speedo and tacho are optitron!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Does the 1st and 2nd generation VIOS have the same engine?