New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The auvs like the revos/adventure/crosswind has front suspension double wishbone, with the revo claiming a double wishbone torsion type, and a rear suspension of semi elliptical leaf springs. The innova, however, claims independent double wishbone front, and 4 link coil springs rear. The sedona/carnival, however, uses front mcpherson struts and 5 link coil rear.

The innova's rear suspension is much superior than the revo, and I noticed this in the actual ride. But the front suspension, I expected it to be better, and has been disappointed so far. The carnival/sedona however, has a much better ride using the front mcpherson struts.

I have bought the 4x4 magazine that explains all the different kinds of suspension. Supposedly, mas maganda ang double wishbone, this is the one installed on the trooper as compared with the gen 2 and 2.5 pajero in terms of ride comfort. Pero I am surprised with the relative harshness of the innova's front suspension ride. I expected it to more supple. Bakit ganun? I know mcphersons are used in our small and medium cars, but I don't think this is better than the wishbones as far as ride comfort is concerned?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    The auvs like the revos/adventure/crosswind has front suspension double wishbone, with the revo claiming a double wishbone torsion type, and a rear suspension of semi elliptical leaf springs. The innova, however, claims independent double wishbone front, and 4 link coil springs rear. The sedona/carnival, however, uses front mcpherson struts and 5 link coil rear.

The innova's rear suspension is much superior than the revo, and I noticed this in the actual ride. But the front suspension, I expected it to be better, and has been disappointed so far. The carnival/sedona however, has a much better ride using the front mcpherson struts.

I have bought the 4x4 magazine that explains all the different kinds of suspension. Supposedly, mas maganda ang double wishbone, this is the one installed on the trooper as compared with the gen 2 and 2.5 pajero in terms of ride comfort. Pero I am surprised with the relative harshness of the innova's front suspension ride. I expected it to more supple. Bakit ganun? I know mcphersons are used in our small and medium cars, but I don't think this is better than the wishbones as far as ride comfort is concerned?
    hi altec,

double wishbone with coil spring po ang innova yata..

bakit sa tv commercial ng Innova eh parang maganda ang front suspension? hmmm.. daya kasi yung commercial at mukhang ni-shoot sa blue or green background ang Innova hehe..

have you tried driving a revo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Double wishbone is just a marketing term. Those are just the A-arms of the suspension. Almost all vehicles with independent front suspension have A-arms. There is nothing fancy about it.

The McPherson set up is a very simple (and low cost) strut set-up used in most compact cars. It does its job well enough and consumes less space than having two A-arms.

Springs can either be torsion bar or coils. Both are just means of storing energy.

The number of suspension links in the rear does not really affect ride much. The links are there to properly locate the axle.

Ride quality is not only a result of the proper design, but also of proper calibration. Engineers have to compromise between ride, handling, load carrying capacity and even cost.

Btw, the Pajero GEN I-II.5 and all Trooper generations have identical front suspension designs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It all comes down to spring and damper rates... The front harshness may have something to do with too much parts sharing with the Hilux... but I'm not so sure.

I was very impressed when I first saw the Innova's rear suspension set-up. Looks a lot better than your run of the mill AUV (Thank God, no leafs!)

different kinds of suspension systems on auvs/innova/carnival