New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hey guys. I've had this converted toyota lite ace that uses the 2c engine. I've been having trouble with startups in the morning and after leaving it for more than 2 hours. It's already burning oil and the fuses keep burning (i have no i idea which part of the wiring has a short since the fuse box has no labels. I've had the glow plugs changed twice already and keeping it running is driving me crazy. can anybody refer me to someone or someplace that has experience with this type of engine/model. TIA.

2ct ba sayo? pareho tayo..sad to say, baka top/general OH ka... ko swerte naman, hinde, pero ang prob ko is more on electrical, computerbox-related..yes, ung akin kasi 2c-te....

sorry, not much of help...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Check your wiring on the starter, if you can have your electrician connect a 12v relay

pwede din..nga pala 4got about that too...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks for the suggestions. i'll recheck the starter. (although it seems to be fine. it turns the engine with no problem. it just doesn't seem to want to catch.) right now i'm worried it might be the injection pump. the 2c that i have doesn't seem to have a computer box.

i don't really have much experience with diesel engines. could anybody refer me to a place that has a good reputation in dealing with these types of problems?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    my neighbor used to have the same symptoms with his tamaraw FX... dunno if its true, it was solved by having the valve clearance adjusted.... picha picha lang daw...

Diesel toyota 2c help