New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    it's really an old engine design. my mom's mitsu space gear has similar old engine with 2.4 diplacemen at A/T. sobrang lakas sa gas. mga 4.5 per liter lang. grabe.

actually konting modification lang, you'll get a whole lot more performance and the same fuel milage out of your revo.
    i just used a K&N filter to improve air intake and changed the pipes on the exhaust, starting from the main muffler hanggang sa dulo to lessen restriction of the exhaust. if you'll notice napaka liit ng tail pipe but when you lift the revo you'll see that the pipes leading up to the main muffler from the engine are much bigger. tapos biglang masasakal cause liliit yung pipes. then i used to iridium plugs to improve the fuel combustion.

i have better fuel economy because i step on the gas pedal less cause it runs faster now without having to stomp on the gas. caculated for the vx200 A/T now is 7-8 km/l (city), 10-11/ (highway)

it now runs very very nicely. i've given a lot of innovas a run for their money.

san nyo po pinagawa yan? how much naman po ang gagastusin for that modification?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ang REVO may kabig yan sa kanan...kapag may gas station

Matakaw ba sa gas ang REVO? Talaga...laklak sa gas. I'm running at 6 km/liter on my 2003 SR 1.8 AT.

Hindi ko na lang iniintindi ang gas expense...nagtitipid na lang ako sa ibang bagay.

Matibay naman...at saka very reliable. Aside from the usual consumable, halos zero maintenance ang REVO.

Plano ko i-upgrade yung sound setup...para madagdagan ang driving pleasure.

Para sa akin, mas matipid pa din to retain my Revo instead of changing to Innova or another brand new vehicle. Pero kung may 2nd hand na option (the same payload), baka pwede pa swap.

Change your shocks to Rancho....added driving pleasure and comfort.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Had a 99 revo before,1.8 matic yung pinaka simple lang walang equipment na matic. Matakaw talaga sa gas considering yung price ng gas during that time eh mababa. Masakit na noon sa bulsa. Pero matibay at pang harabas talaga..Was even using it to deliver purified water (pag sira ang L300 workhorse)lam ko napagkasya ko noon mga 15 5 gal jugs ok parin. Sa akyatan lang talaga talo kahit walang laman..pero over all ndi man lang nasira till we sold it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mang ponso View Post
    I think Toyota Revo and other AUV are very much overrated. Although the manufacturers would say that they are very versatile in their people-carrying capacity, their overall performance is greatly compromised. How can they justify a 1.8 or 2.0 Litre engine be able to carry 11 people in any particular instance. The car manufacturer's must be having a laugh!!! At the aforementioned car engine sizes, in the neck of the woods where I am living right now, they are only for cars which can carry a MAXIMUM of 7 people - that is almost half of what AUV are supposed to carry!! No wonder why Revo and all AUV's for that matter, all have atrocious fuel consumption efficiency.
    10 people. Not 11. Unless you ride the FX's a lot of course.

Well where I'm living right now, sedans fit at least eight. A van would take 15-20 no problem. Some tricycles can take 10. Pickup truck only has 3 seats? No prob, room for 7 more on the flatbed.

Maybe to you the AUV segment is overrated. But to a third-world family man, the AUV is a steal. Especially when it's priced alongside sedans, with the "true" peoplecarriers being much more expensive. If you think Toyota's having a big laugh, it's definitely not with the Revo (or any manufacturer or their AUVs for that matter) - they're cheap cars, that's what they are. If there's anything Toyota could laugh about, it's the Prius.

Honestly, people like this Ben Ong are people who have find scapegoats because they're too proud to admit their mistakes. They're the people who buy Everests and whine about the ride. They're the ones who try to get through a flood, crack an engine block and complain about the manufacturer "not honoring the warranty". Damn, man, when you bought the car you were given the option of a diesel!
    Last edited by Alpha_One; February 5th, 2007 at 09:27 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Revo wag nyong gamiting pang personal... Pang FX taxi na lang.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Guys, yang Tulfo brothers are perfect example ng mga abusadong journalists. before writing up articles na babanat sa kung kani-kanino, di muna pinagaaralan...

correct me if im wrong guys, una, toyota does use a 7k engine... it is from the k engine series ng toyota which have been used sa toyota corollas nung 70's at 80's as well as the Tamaraw FX (yung box type), the Lite Ace and the Toyota Revo nga... we use a Toyota 4k engine sa owner type jeep namin and decent naman yung milage nya... carb pa yung jeep namin ah? the revo uses the 7k which is a 1.8 engine and uses EFI... in fairness, mas matipid na sya compared sa carb... saka my friend also shares the same prob sa fuel efficiency at hatak... pero kung auto ang dala mo at malaking sasakyan ang revo, anong aasahan mong hatak? you can't expect a revo to be as fast as a civic sir and as fuel efficient as the city CVT right?

ang gamit kasi ni tulfo, isuzu trooper, eh diesel yun, eh di syempre iisipin nya, mas matipid yung trooper... kung sino man ang nagreklamo nyan, tangeks... kasi baka pino-floor nya yung gas tapos gusto nya matipid.... dapat kotse ang binili nya kung gusto nya ng matipid at mabilis...

i am not a toyota fan but i don't think the revo is that bad.... malinaw na kabobohan lang yan ni ben tulfo....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Depektibo ang lahat ng TOYOTA REVO SR 1.8 EFI at dapat itong i-recall!