New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Common yung problem sa stereo ng 2005 model, kahit sa amin before napalitan.. Yung shocks naman, so far so good sa amin, mileage is at around 130,000 kms na..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    Just a question, are there any 3.0 Fortuner/Hilux units affected by this? I haven't heard much problems with theirs, along with the CBU Japan D4D units.
    Can anyone enlighten us? I have plan to buy a hilux 4X4 this coming April. Else i will reconsider my plan to have a navara instead! Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Its hard to tell really, as they are brand new, but it's up to you if you want to gamble.. It's your money, it's your decision.. Of course if you ask your sales agent about this probem, he/she would definitely say it has been fixed.. But the question is, would you believe him/her? Sales agents come and go, where will they be 4-5 years from now when your hi-lux is already showing the symptoms(assuming)? Who would you blame? No one.. Like I said, toyota isn't the only one offering a pick up.. There are numerous brands out there, Nissan, Ford, Isuzu, Mitsubishi.. It's not like the hi-lux is so different and out of this world that you can't choose from other companies right? Again, it's your money and decision.. So choose wisely..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    2005, 2006, and maybe 2007 or so models were notorious with the problem. As I said, all our units in Manila never encountered the problem. Only our Cebu units. Both Manila and Cebu continue to buy Innovas. My uncle just got a Hilux E last month. My cousin got his Innova service unit last Thursday, and another got his Innova service unit last Friday (yesterday).

I just got my Strada today.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    All I can say is this, for those who got 2010 models, let's wait 5 years from now, that's the time to conclude if toyota did solve the problem.. Basis? 2005 Innova.. So if your unit is 2010, let's wait 5 years then see what happens.. If you passed 5 years without any problems, then good.. But if it stalls in under 5 years, then the answer is obvious..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brellrain View Post
    Its hard to tell really, as they are brand new, but it's up to you if you want to gamble.. It's your money, it's your decision.. Of course if you ask your sales agent about this probem, he/she would definitely say it has been fixed.. But the question is, would you believe him/her? Sales agents come and go, where will they be 4-5 years from now when your hi-lux is already showing the symptoms(assuming)? Who would you blame? No one.. Like I said, toyota isn't the only one offering a pick up.. There are numerous brands out there, Nissan, Ford, Isuzu, Mitsubishi.. It's not like the hi-lux is so different and out of this world that you can't choose from other companies right? Again, it's your money and decision.. So choose wisely..
    Hi brellrain, Thank you very much! Your opinion is well taken. Just talk to Nissan(UMC) for the Navara quotation. Hi sirs... any suggestion is most welcome!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus01sg View Post
    Hi brellrain, Thank you very much! Your opinion is well taken. Just talk to Nissan(UMC) for the Navara quotation. Hi sirs... any suggestion is most welcome!
    Dear brutus01sg, i read in one of the threads (I think it's in the List of D4D woes.....) that the Navara also uses the Infamous "DENSO" brand of supply pump. I just don't know if it is of the same model being used on the Toyota's. You might want to consider a Mitsu Strada. They are real workhorses. We have two in our department that has already logged about 60Tkm each in two years time. Laspag nga lang dito sa mga tao ko.

Is there any update from FIREBLADE, Sir? My warranty will expire by November of this year and I have only logged about 19500km in my ODO. I'm trying to use my Innova on a regular basis to accumulate as much mileage as possible.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapfoose View Post
    Count me in!
    I have a 2005 innova E D4D so far i haven't experienced anything bad with my engine. I have 50k on my odometer already but I always worry if my engine will go on limp mode. My problems with the innova:
    1. Stereo cd doesn't work. toyota replaced it but I still have the same problem.
    2. Front right shock absorber got busted at around 5000 kms. Kudos to toyota they replaced it under warranty.
    Geez! You guys at toyota better wake up and be more aware that we are the very same people who are keeping your company on top of the hill!
    Treating us like trash and giving us the run around would not be good for your business.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    ajOT - cpn 09173507510 - email: amieljosephOT*yahoo.com
    edit info:
    ajOT
    - 2005 Toyota Innova D4D

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    fireblade, my contact numbers were hopefully included. If it was, they never called me.

That 40K PO is for the replacement of our red innova. the silver innova;s pump was already replaced, same 40K cost, around last year.
    Just had a lengthy conversation with them and from the numbers that I gave them, we are down to 3 with supply pump issues. I dont want to jump the gun but I heard positive feedback that action will be taken . They do apologize for the delay but have actually given the go to their dealerships. Hope these 3 can actually update us when it has been resolved.

I specifically mentioned your case sir and they said that they were trying to call your sun number to no avail. Please enlighten me if I got the right number. Kayo po yung taga Cebu na nakausap ko right?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
D4D problem , are you willing to help out and be counted?