New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    any updates from toyota? We just sent a PO to toyota to place an order to replace the supply pump. 40K something ang pump. This is the pump that is causing the stalling. For the red 2005 innova I mentioned several replies back.
    40k for a fuel pump; that's freakin expensive.....
    cant the fuel pump be fixed in any shop other than you paying for an 40k pump? and how sure is the customer to not experience stalling issue after pump is replaced?

geez nice marketing strategy, Toyota! what's this Business as Usual, continue doing this you will LOSE more than a dozen customer....

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Just a question, are there any 3.0 Fortuner/Hilux units affected by this? I haven't heard much problems with theirs, along with the CBU Japan D4D units.
    Last edited by noobskie; March 7th, 2010 at 07:56 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    any updates from toyota? We just sent a PO to toyota to place an order to replace the supply pump. 40K something ang pump. This is the pump that is causing the stalling. For the red 2005 innova I mentioned several replies back.
    I already forwarded all the numbers of those who replied earlier or before my meeting with TMP. Most of them have received calls based on feedback. They will now collate the results of these calls and present to higher management. I was already talking to a VP and I know that she is true to her word.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    fireblade, my contact numbers were hopefully included. If it was, they never called me.

That 40K PO is for the replacement of our red innova. the silver innova;s pump was already replaced, same 40K cost, around last year.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Buti nga 40k lang sayo bro, toyota quezon avenue quoted me 50k for the supply pump, buti na lang at hindi na nagstall ang innova namin, well ok pa naman siya so far.. Pero kung babalik ulit yung stalling, definitely supply pump na daw kelangan palitan talaga according to my SA..

I hope my number was included as well..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sabi ng kausap kong taga toyota, they can consider those beyond the 3 year warranty with choking problems related to the supply pump kung 50K pa ang odometer. Beyond that, bayad na. But the toyota people are the salesman and the SA, not the people that fireblade spoke to.
    Last edited by altec; March 10th, 2010 at 10:58 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If that's the case, then toyota should keep their cars and shove it up their "toooot"..

Here's the thing, most filipinos keep their cars for a long time, not like other countries which only has a lifespan of 3 years.. Us filipinos on the other hand are different.. I mean, we can still see cars that are over 20 years, and is still running, but I think, an average filipino will keep their cars for about 5 years.. Not unless your really really rich(like politicians), then you can replace your car every week if you really want to..

The problem is this, toyota couldn't accept that their cars have a defect, they refuse to acknowledge the supply pump as defective.. And this is the major problem for us who have experienced this horrible defect(stalling).. You know what, I feel sad for the people who are still buying their so called "IMVs", I think most of the buyers aren't aware of this problem so they still buy this cars(hi-lux, fortuner and Innova).. But once you experience this, like me, would you still buy a brand new "IMV"?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    So silent

Toyota Philippines management was so silent on the issue

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    So silent

Toyota Philippines management was so silent on the issue
    It's really simple to understand why they do that, it's because if they did admit the problem, it will be like committing suicide.. Think about the CAP, or PET preneed companies, they never admitted the problem until it's too late and they can no longer do anything about it..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Count me in!
    I have a 2005 innova E D4D so far i haven't experienced anything bad with my engine. I have 50k on my odometer already but I always worry if my engine will go on limp mode. My problems with the innova:
    1. Stereo cd doesn't work. toyota replaced it but I still have the same problem.
    2. Front right shock absorber got busted at around 5000 kms. Kudos to toyota they replaced it under warranty.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
D4D problem , are you willing to help out and be counted?