New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Meron nabibili parang rubber stopper sa gulong para sakto parati parking mo. Setup mo lang once then you are good to go.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    What happened to the proximity sensors of the car?
    too far ang sensor. naka full red na yung alarm ng sensor more than 2 feet away ka pa. gusto ni TS yung dikit (as most of us here, too), yung kito at garapata lang makakasingit. sa akin nga tumbok ng number plate yung isang electrical outlet kaya pag nag-park ako di mo na maalis yung naka-plug dun sa socket. gusto ko kasi malaki space sa likod para di nagagasgasan ng kadena ng aso ko yung bumper pag pinawiwi ng maid yung aso namin.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I use a 3 foot tall PVC pipe embedded in a can filled with concrete. The marker in the other parking slot is a curtain rod taped to a defunct transformer.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i use a foot of 4inch-angular bar as stopper. not fixed on floor, i have a line where to place it for which car (vios/innova). Di kasya total length ng van sa garage, slightly open ang garage door, kaya needs it to be about an inch (or less) off the wall. alam din ng lahat sa house what it is for, and that they are not to move it without my knowledge.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    OK lahat ng suggestion dito.

If you want to go the more expensive way, pa install ka rear camera. Very useful.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The simplest would be a string and tennis ball.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow! Daming cool suggestions!! Thanks Guys!!

Lots of good ideas here.. which Im sure will also help other people like me who have the same dilemma (looks like marami rin pala tayong may same situation..hehe)

However, I'm happy to report that PROBLEM SOLVED na !

Thanks to SHADOW's suggestion, I passed by a "Glass Shop" in Evangelista today and asked if they have a curved mirror. They didnt, but referred me to the autoshop next door. I asked there and they recommended an exterior Rear View Mirror (curved). I had a doh!! moment because I was looking for a mirror, even wondered if a motorcycle side view mirror would suffice.. but I forgot to consider the exterior Rear View Mirror. Doubly Ironic since our old Power Van had one and its very useful for me in Rear parking...and in fact, I was considering if putting one on the Innova (for rear parking) is viable.. (more on that later)

So I bought it for 700 pesos. The salesguy said I can screw it on the wall.

When I got home I assembled it and realized that the guy was wrong.. its a clip on type, no need for drilling holes (clips to the rear compartment/door of a van). I found the perfect place to put in on my garage: clipped to the plastic handle of one of the upper cabinets.

I tested it and it works like a charm! 700 bucks and easy to install to boot!

I guess I really lucked out that I have those plastic door handles I can attach it to.. If it was just all wall (either wood or concrete) I have to figure out how to affix it properly since the mirror has no easy holes to screw it on. So Caveat to those who might want to try this in the future.

(EDIT: I just realized if in case I had no door handles, I can PUT a door handle by drilling it on the wall, so the mirror has a place to clip on to...just an idea for future reference...)

Now, Im thinking if I should put reflective stickers or paint a small portion of the wall (were the bumper faces) for easier visibility... our wall is beige so even if I can see it already clearly with the mirror, I might want to put a more "shocking" color para mas obvious...hehe

Thanks again guys for the inputs!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just replying to some of the comments ...(I really appreciate the effort everyone made in replying)

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The simplest would be a string and tennis ball.
    My favorite among all the suggestions! Ingenious and one of the cheapest solutions! :cool:
    However, mahirapan siguro i-align perfectly ang string sa ceiling to hit the perfect spot. Car has to be parked at the right spot and there wont be space anymore to put a ladder to reach the ceiling..

Also, I can imagine when its in place, the string might look invisible and it will look like you have a floating ball in mid-air... Baka magulat yung mga napadaan when the car isnt around...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Meron nabibili parang rubber stopper sa gulong para sakto parati parking mo. Setup mo lang once then you are good to go.
    But other cars might take that spot from time to time so mahirap may fixed sya for a specific car...

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Sinohin View Post
    using a curved mirror in the corner of the garage to see if the bumper is almost kissing the wall.

got a curved mirror from "surplasan".. i think its from a side mirror of a truck
    W/c is basically what I bought..Just curious, how much did you buy that surplus for?

Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post

Another solution is to install a backing camera and park backwards? This will work wherever you go.

Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    OK lahat ng suggestion dito.

If you want to go the more expensive way, pa install ka rear camera. Very useful.
    I park my cars backwards, but our vans facing front... to have easy access to the rear compartment..

Re: Rear Camera.. yeah Ive been thinking about that.. I probably will need that soon. So far Ive just been parking at spacious spots..(malls), I dread parallel parking in the streets...lol. In fact I already inquired today from the place where I got the mirror... quote was 3.5K- 4K for the license plate camera with rear view clip on monitor. Im surprised it was this cheap! (2K only for just the camera if I have a TS Monitor HU.. which merong available 7-9K made in China. OK na ba mga ganun? I did ask if may wireless transmitter option para iwas snaking of wires inside the vehicle (saw one on YT) but they dont have.

Anyway, OT na..hehe.. maybe Ill make a separate thread next time about rear cameras.. or search Tsikot baka may previous threads on the subject... (unless ok lang idisuss dito...hehe)

Thanks again guys!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123