New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    need po ng help nyo mga guru i bought a 2nd hand corolla and problem ko po lagi syang nag-overheat ung aux fan nya ok nman napa chk ko na s electrician ung wiring ko ung rediator ko bgong linis.ano p po kyang other things n dpat kng iconsider.ung temp gauge ko kalahati pa din ung reading.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Maraming post na ganito tungkol sa overheating you just have to look at it. By the way, if the needle on your temp guage is on the middle that is not overheating, that is very normal on the operating temp. of your engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper529 View Post
    need po ng help nyo mga guru i bought a 2nd hand corolla and problem ko po lagi syang nag-overheat ung aux fan nya ok nman napa chk ko na s electrician ung wiring ko ung rediator ko bgong linis.ano p po kyang other things n dpat kng iconsider.ung temp gauge ko kalahati pa din ung reading.

with my toyota gli 2nd hand din, due to overheating (about three times may problema- nag-explode yung radiator top-plastic over, naplaitan nang steel cover; bumigay/nag-explode yung mga connecting hose nya, etc.), what I did was change the radiator tank with a new one, na mas malaki, pero kasya sa lugar. By the way, all these overheating problems was due not due to absence of collant, since I religiously check the collant level. After I changed the radiator tank, i nver had any overheating problems and the gauge reads low temp always. But also note that if the needle of your temp gauge is in the middle, then that is actually normal.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    But also note that if the needle of your temp gauge is in the middle, then that is actually normal.
    Or your temp gauge is defective.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3835[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    is it normal din po kya ung fan ng rediator prang ndi humihinto sa pag-ikot mag start sya after a few seconds n i open ko ung aircon yun ndi n sya hinto kya ang ingay tuloy nung makina bec of the fan.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    The fans are comming on because the A/C system is activated. Granted, the fans should NOT come on in this while engine still cool
    I suspect that the high pressure A/C switch, the fan relay, temperature sensor or the wiring for same, is bad making the computer think that the A/C pressure is too high so the computer keeps the fan on. Check those area and isolate them one at a time.

corolla xl 94series "overheating"