New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hi Peeps,
    I am new here. I need everybody's help. My car suddenly lost idle (walang menor) and when I checked it, i found busted fuse in the driver's side kick panel (beside the clutch pedal). My thinking is that, there is another problem why fuse got blown. I replaced it from 15A to 20A. Then the idle is okay (for a while) until I noticed fire just on top of the canister (not sure if this is the right identification but it look like an inverted na "tabo" just below the hydroback module. I was able to eliminate the fire. I noticed that the source of fire is the connector on top of the said canister. where is this connector/wiring leading too? what else should I do?

Need your expertise and opinion before i call electrician.

rgds
    Nonesee

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    better bring your car to an auto electrician. Have them check it.
    Never use a higher capacity fuse. It will not blow when it needs to and will put you at risk. A fuse is there as a safety

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    baka local fuse ang nilagay mo? pero mataindi ang shortaige na ginawa ng electricl ng auto mo tsk saglit lang tapos nag fire na agad?

If your fuse blows up after replacing it with the same rating, trace the problem. Wala bang label/legend yung lalagyan ng fuse? It may help you identify which part/component is causing the short circuit.

Tama sila, never ever replace a fuse with a higher rated one. May reason kaya ganun lang ang rating niya (like the circuits boards and wires used for the particular circuit). Pag nasunog yung mas mataas na rated fuse, marami lang madadamay since posibleng mauna masunog yung mga circuit boards or wires na involved before the fuse blows up.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Baka lang po makatulong. orig pa po ba yung idling canister mo? If yes, needs replacement na yan including yung nakadikit na parang condenser. Unstable ang idling mo so bumigay ang fuse instead of damaging your carb or engine... Co-forumers, pls. clarify. TIA

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i think ang tawag dyan ay canister valve. dalawang beses n nasunog yng ganyan ko. the second time muntik na masunog yng engine ksi umaapoy na talaga sya. i already condemed it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by barok97 View Post
    i think ang tawag dyan ay canister valve. dalawang beses n nasunog yng ganyan ko. the second time muntik na masunog yng engine ksi umaapoy na talaga sya. i already condemed it.

+1 po dito, canister valve nga tawag dito, nangyari din sakin nasunog sya and then hindi na gumana yung idle, advice nung electrician is to change the whole assembly. which cost around 2k.

corolla xe '97 risk of burn