New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    mga sirs,

may question ako nabali kasi ung wheel stud ko sa harapan. then plano ko sana diy na lang ganon lang ba kadali yun

saka hingi na rin nang steps kung pano tangallin yun

Regards;
    lands

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Alam ko you have to drill the center of the broken stud until it breaks into pieces....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    There are extractor kits available in the market, designed to do precisely this: to extract broken bolts and studs. The extractor is drilled into the center of the broken stud, then turned so that the stud is extracted out. the danger here is, you might damage the thread, resulting in a weakened part afterward. sooo, unless you want to gain experience or you intend to do this on a regular basis, i recommend you bring it to the experts.
    drilling the stud to break it up, seems to me, is more dangerous, as it tends to damage the thread even more.
    i have seen some people weld segments of bolt or stud onto the broken part, then turn it to bring it out. i feel the heat might weaken the metal..
    but hey! how will we gain experience if we don't try it? at kung masira mo, mura naman ang replacement surplus part, 'di ba? heh heh. gudlak.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    happened to my big body several times dahil sa mga tabi-tabi na vulcanizing shops. sobrang higpit kaya nababali. mahirap ang pagtanggal ng stud. kailangang pukpukin para matanggal.force fit kasi yan hindi threaded as mentioned above.

mas mahirap ilagay ang bago. you need a spacer ( pwede nut with larger hole than your lug nuts). then higpitan mo ung lug nuts until the stud is pulled to its original place.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    happened to my big body several times dahil sa mga tabi-tabi na vulcanizing shops. sobrang higpit kaya nababali. mahirap ang pagtanggal ng stud. kailangang pukpukin para matanggal.force fit kasi yan hindi threaded as mentioned above.

mas mahirap ilagay ang bago. you need a spacer ( pwede nut with larger hole than your lug nuts). then higpitan mo ung lug nuts until the stud is pulled to its original place.
    yikes! my age is showing.. i was thinking of something else.. sorry.

corolla big body - broken wheel stud