New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    duda ako sa condition ng radiator mo pards. sakaling palpak yang radiator mo, overheat ka ng overheat at makakasama sa makina.. add to that iyong abala na ipapatulak or tow mo kapag nasiraan plus syempre gastos sa repair.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, it's hard to base it on pictures... bring the car to a gas station with a mechanic and also do a good look under the car.

On the 90K price... tawad pa yan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks to all you guys!

'been learning a lot from here now...

will keep eveyone out here posted.

muchas gracias!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, try to go around and look at 2nd hand cars from the classifieds (i.e. Manila Bulletin on Sundays). Widen your options. To give an example, there's a similar 1.3L Corolla up for sale on Nissanbayan for 90K as well and although it's a 1.3, it looks to be in better condition.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    i agree, kung matipid tlga gusto mo, 1.3 engine ka na lang, also pwede ka dagdag ng konti budget para at least model '93 - '96 na mabili mo, mga P140k -max makakakuha ka na,

kung ganyan edad ng oto target mo, go for TOYOTA na lang
    - matibay
    - mura at madaming pyesa
    - maraming mekaniko ang marunong sa toyota

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    comments from the pictures:

-front and rear alloy wheels, not the same. In the very least, that wheel was damaged badly in a pothole. Possible sign of wheel misalignment.
    -the radiator top has been replaced. Check if there are signs of leaks of the "new" radiator top and bottom sections.
    -brake fluid reservior looks empty in the picture.
    -some electrical lines near the exhaust manifold seems to be taped up. Try to give it some attention.
    OT, bilib ako sa mata ni GH, nakita lahat ito. although if you are going to take a look at the pictures, hindi mo na masyadong mapapasin to.

imho. mukhang madami-dami ka pang ipapagawa bro. yan pa lang yung nasa picture.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Naoverhaul na? Get the receipts and the contact number nung nagoverhaul para investigate it muna before buying it. Also I suggest that you check the car from a cold start. Check din yung usok.

You can also consider Nissan Sentra like the B13 or B14. 120k makakabili ka na maayos at mukhang fresh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    OT, bilib ako sa mata ni GH, nakita lahat ito. although if you are going to take a look at the pictures, hindi mo na masyadong mapapasin to.
    That is what you get when you work with pictures long enough... especially when doing a lot of image manipulation as part of the job description.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperthread View Post
    You can also consider Nissan Sentra like the B13 or B14. 120k makakabili ka na maayos at mukhang fresh.
    Personally I would give a pass on getting Sentra B13s simply because of age. Anyone buying b13s will be looking at a long list of parts of be replaced. It would be cheaper (in the short and medium term) to choose a Sentra B14 model even if they cost more. In the very least, you can buy a B14 that is younger than ten years old.

Of course there are some B13 owners who kept good care of their rides BUT those are exceptions, not the norm.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some other stuff I just noticed:

-engine bay looks to have been painted recently. Notice the painted bolts on the shock tower.

-front front beside the radiator is colored black (anti-rust primer black). It should be body color. Was it replaced? Front accident?

-the car itself was repainted at least once. You might want to check the quality of the paint job, especially rust at the joints and wheel wells / fenders.

-there is a hydraulic oil container beside the brake booster (left of the booster). Is that connected to the steering system? If so, I assume the previous owner had power steering installed.

-wiper motor. Was it just cleaned or recently replace? It's too shiny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Corolla 1.6GL - NOOB needs HELP