New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    mga pre -- just recently bought a vios... 1.3J..

what can you say about its clutch? parang hassle ung kailangan mo pang tpakan ng husto ung clutch bago mo sya ma-start... ganon ba talaga dapat un? ung dating vios ba ganon din ang design?

sensya na dami kong tanong... naninibago pa rin kasi ako sa ganitong feature ng vios...

salamat!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    its a safety feature designed to make sure you don't accidentally start your car while in gear.

M/T cars in the US already have this feature since the 80s.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
    its a safety feature designed to make sure you don't accidentally start your car while in gear.

M/T cars in the US already have this feature since the 80s.
    Correct.

I actually do this myself, even if I don't have to on my car. If you accidentally start your car while in gear, you might crash into something parked in front or behind you - even with the handbrake engaged. It seems laughable but it's surprising how often this happens.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Correct.

I actually do this myself, even if I don't have to on my car. If you accidentally start your car while in gear, you might crash into something parked in front or behind you - even with the handbrake engaged. It seems laughable but it's surprising how often this happens.
    True, especially if you're the only driving your car and you don't make it a habit to put it in gear when parked. When someone else with the park-in-gear habit uses it or has moved it, 90% of the time the car lunges forward.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    the best habit is always check if the transmission is in NEUTRAL position... kasi kahit nakatapak ka sa clutch (for safety prior starting) tapos na start mo na engine... eh naka engage pala yung 1st gear mo kasi hindi mo check prior starting.. pag bitaw mo ng clutch same thing will happen or baka mas worse pa kasi naka idle up pa yung engine mo kasi nag warm up.. mas malakas sipa nun

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yup hassle nga. At first at least.

But think of it this way, pagnakasanayan mo na ang ganitong habit you apply this to any other manual tranny car as a good safety precaution.

This is similar to Pajero automatics - you have to step on the brake to shift from Park to Drive or Reverse.

Good practice.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Not a hassle for the very good safety feature.
    Mag DIY ako ng ganyan na feature for my old car, a simple switch for kill switch.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    meron ba nakakaalam kung nasaan ang fluid reservoir nitong clutch? hindi ko kasi makita pag sinilip ko yung engine bay eh... kagaya ba siya ng sa altis na share ng fluid ang brakes and clutch?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    meron ba nakakaalam kung nasaan ang fluid reservoir nitong clutch? hindi ko kasi makita pag sinilip ko yung engine bay eh... kagaya ba siya ng sa altis na share ng fluid ang brakes and clutch?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mge View Post
    afaik, its located behind the battery. yes, the clutch and brakes share on the fluid reservoir. i assume your car is a vios 1.3 mt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Clutch ng Vios