New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Sir, do i have to change my oil (diesel engine)

i only used my van only twice in a span of 6 months.. Last april pa sa Zambales and Lucena quezon..

now po kasi gagamitin ulit out of Town.

Do i need to change the oil filter and oil? or oil nalang palitan ko?

or hindi na? 700kms. palang kasi natatakbo on mineral oil...
    Pag mineral oil 6 mos. Lang talaga. But you don't have to change the oil and fuel filter dahil halos di naman nagamit.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i confess that because it is cheaper, i use the 5000 km rule rather than the 6 month rule. traditional mineral oil.
    and when i sold my van 9 years and almost 100K km after i bought her new, the van engine was still in good working order..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Honestly ang nasa isip ko change oil ako Siguro at least once a yr.. Or 2500kms. Pero kung dapat talaga magpalit ng oil... Magpapalit nalang ako.. Drum drum naman oil namin dito sa generator...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Honestly ang nasa isip ko change oil ako Siguro at least once a yr.. Or 2500kms. Pero kung dapat talaga magpalit ng oil... Magpapalit nalang ako.. Drum drum naman oil namin dito sa generator...
    Better check if the oil you use for your generator is appropriate for your vehicle... generally speaking multigrade oil is better than monograde oils (mineral or synthetic)... which is what is commonly used for gensets.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Lugi ako isang gamit isang change oil... last time ganun din Oct. to April ko hindi nagamit... pero i change the oil..

then yung a.c. pag hindi nagagamit nawawalan ng freon sa may shaft seal nag leleak i think i need to change my ac compressor... 14 years old na kasi yung van...

Car aircon compressors that are belt driven must be exercised or ran at least quarterly to lubricate the shaft seal to reduce refrigerant leak. It is similar to a bottle of wine, you need to store it tilted to keep the cork stopper soaked

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
change oil