New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi all, I've owned a Toyota vehicle only for a few months and am noticing something regarding the casa prices and services. Joining some FB groups and reading stuff here, it seems that the prices & services across Toyota casas differ. I'm not talking about unnecessary add-ons like engine flushing, or the icy cool thing they put on the air-con, but just the basic labor and parts for maintenance (lets say oil, filter, 15kPMS labor).

I first became curious when I brought my car in for 1k PMS and got charged higher than expected. IIRC i paid 2900 for semi-synthetic Toyota oil, a filter, no add-ons, and with free labor. Computing backwards, I ended up paying 500+ per liter which feels kind of high. I read of the 1K PMS cost that members here and in FB posted and these varied a lot.

I've also seen posted photos of quotes from different casas in different formats. Some are itemized, some are not, some doesn't even look like it is an official Toyota quotation.

Is this normal with Toyota PH? Should I call around for my next PMS to get the best price?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Labor prices vary city rate vs. Provincial rate.

Also, like jollibee value meal (spaghetti cost 50 in some strores but in ayala, 55 pesos na), may difference ang material price.

Some casa like manila bay, cubao and abad santos use AMALIE brand oil instead of toyota.

And service advisors also have quota to meet.

Minsan pag swerte, nagbibigay ng discount ang dealership

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Not all Dealers/Service Centers are the same...

If I'm not mistaken... Iba iba owners nila... (Actually you can check Toyota Balintawak and Manila Bay as examples, magkaiba pa nga websites nila)

Same with gasoline stations... Meron akong napupuntahan sa amin na gasoline station where they (silently) allow you to bring your own oil...

So Toyota A might be cheaper than Toyota B & C pero di naman convenient sayo si B...

Or mas tiwala ka naman sa employees ni C...

I remember reading an article once na maliit lang kita ng dealerships if you purchase the car in cash...

Normally, main source ng income nila is financing (in-house is always better for them, pero may kita pa din sila kung preferred bank nila pinili mo), insurance, accessories/parts and service...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Iba iba owners ng casa ng toyota. Dealership kasi yan. Like ng honda alabang at isuzu alabang both owned by ayala. Pag may nakita lang ibang honda or isuzu possibleng ibang tao may ari non.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Makes sense on the city and provincial rate. Is it a big difference for the labor from your experience between one branch to another? How about OEM parts, do the casas price it on their own or do they have an official Toyota PH price?

Yeah, I agree that at the end of the day I will probably go to the casa I am most comfortable with

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Makes sense on the city and provincial rate. Is it a big difference for the labor from your experience between one branch to another? How about OEM parts, do the casas price it on their own or do they have an official Toyota PH price?

Yeah, I agree that at the end of the day I will probably go to the casa I am most comfortable with
    Price of parts should be the same, unless they use different brands. For instance, the cargo tray for our 2016 Yaris costs the same in Alabang and Manila Bay. Out of stock nga lang si Alabang so I went for Manila Bay.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    May nakapag try na po ba sa inyo na magpa service sa Toyota BGC? Nagpa schedule ako bukas eh. If you can recommend sana kung sinong mahusay na SA para siya na approach ko. How is the service na din pala?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Toyota Manila Bay ok pa service dami nga lang talaga tao

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Hi all, I've owned a Toyota vehicle only for a few months and am noticing something regarding the casa prices and services. Joining some FB groups and reading stuff here, it seems that the prices & services across Toyota casas differ. I'm not talking about unnecessary add-ons like engine flushing, or the icy cool thing they put on the air-con, but just the basic labor and parts for maintenance (lets say oil, filter, 15kPMS labor).

I first became curious when I brought my car in for 1k PMS and got charged higher than expected. IIRC i paid 2900 for semi-synthetic Toyota oil, a filter, no add-ons, and with free labor. Computing backwards, I ended up paying 500+ per liter which feels kind of high. I read of the 1K PMS cost that members here and in FB posted and these varied a lot.

I've also seen posted photos of quotes from different casas in different formats. Some are itemized, some are not, some doesn't even look like it is an official Toyota quotation.

Is this normal with Toyota PH? Should I call around for my next PMS to get the best price?
    look at your contract or agreement with toyota.
    if it is stated that free labor only buy full senthetic from reliable supplier than their brand.
    try to request a quotation from other branches on service/parts first before going for a service. some advisers even doesnt own a toyota. how can you tell sugar is sweet when you have not tasted it yet? just a little input.....
    good luck.