New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I have a Toyota Corolla 97 which i recently transferred it from our province to Manila through Sulpicio rolling cargo, upon pickup, the car suddenly wont start and very low power for all power locks and windows. The hazard light would blink even if its off, pinatulak namin yung car at first nag start siya but nung na off ko ayaw na siya mag start kahit natulak pa. Another thing, gas is suddenly empty well in fact it was gas up before it was transferred. I was thinking na may gumalaw ng sasakyan ko its either ginamit yung aircon while sa barko yung car. Please advise on what to do, the car is still in the port. Im planning to complain it sa office nila later.By the way, yung car ko galing lang sa shop nag pa overall checkup before na transfer.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Maybe since gas is almost empty, try filling it up.

maybe battery is discharged.

dame factor. magdala ka na din mekaniko.

ano ba SOP pag rolling cargo? sino lang may access sa cargo? yung susi nakanino?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Start first with the battery and gas it up. Might want to have a general check-up as well.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    I have a Toyota Corolla 97 which i recently transferred it from our province to Manila through Sulpicio rolling cargo, upon pickup, the car suddenly wont start and very low power for all power locks and windows. The hazard light would blink even if its off, pinatulak namin yung car at first nag start siya but nung na off ko ayaw na siya mag start kahit natulak pa. Another thing, gas is suddenly empty well in fact it was gas up before it was transferred. I was thinking na may gumalaw ng sasakyan ko its either ginamit yung aircon while sa barko yung car. Please advise on what to do, the car is still in the port. Im planning to complain it sa office nila later.By the way, yung car ko galing lang sa shop nag pa overall checkup before na transfer.
    Sir Bail,

You have the very right to complain. But please do take note that all your concerns should have been indicated in the checklist during the turn-over of your car (prior leaving the port at your province). Gas level, battery condition, etc. if not stipulated in the checklist will be a burden once problem occurs. I myself sometimes do transport vehicles in one of the providers (but not sulpicio) and was luckily advised that all description, condition of the vehicle (even minor scratches) must be indicated in the checklist, so that if I must make a complain, I have the evidence. I also heard some of those "modus" which these shipping personnel do during shipping, so we should be very meticulous in the checklist. Sometimes I do give "Tip" to the personnel where I turn over the vehicle so that at least care shall be given. I'm not suggesting to bribe them, but it worked for me. To cut it short, you may try bringing up your concern, but if it is not indicated in the checklist, then chances of recovery would be very slim.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Mukhang batterya lang yan. Bring a spare battery (yung sure na may charge) at extra gasoline. Hope that those are the only problem and spare yourself from further hassle. But of course, you can file a complaint to the proper authorities to set the incident on record.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    na-ubos yung gas?
    e, 'di may gumamit!

if your car is MT, try push-starting it. if it's the battery, it may still start in this manner, because it takes little energy to get the plugs sparking.. once started, let it run for a while, to charge the battery.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Sir Bail,

You have the very right to complain. But please do take note that all your concerns should have been indicated in the checklist during the turn-over of your car (prior leaving the port at your province). Gas level, battery condition, etc. if not stipulated in the checklist will be a burden once problem occurs. I myself sometimes do transport vehicles in one of the providers (but not sulpicio) and was luckily advised that all description, condition of the vehicle (even minor scratches) must be indicated in the checklist, so that if I must make a complain, I have the evidence. I also heard some of those "modus" which these shipping personnel do during shipping, so we should be very meticulous in the checklist. Sometimes I do give "Tip" to the personnel where I turn over the vehicle so that at least care shall be given. I'm not suggesting to bribe them, but it worked for me. To cut it short, you may try bringing up your concern, but if it is not indicated in the checklist, then chances of recovery would be very slim.
    the checklist consists of the spares and accessories. But i do have the receipt when I gas up before I turnover the car and even gave them a tip. What are the modus of the shipping personnel? I just hope they didnt touch the parts since kaka checkup lang sa shop yung car.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    errr... nasa kanila ang susi ng kotse habang nakasakay si kotse sa barko?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr... nasa kanila ang susi ng kotse habang nakasakay si kotse sa barko?
    yan kasi ang procedure ng rolling cargo kasi sila ang nagbababa ng kotse pagdating sa destination

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    the checklist consists of the spares and accessories. But i do have the receipt when I gas up before I turnover the car and even gave them a tip. What are the modus of the shipping personnel? I just hope they didnt touch the parts since kaka checkup lang sa shop yung car.
    There are several modus such as the "paiihi", using the car (driving around the port or sometimes elsewhere) while the shipping date is still far, using it as pahingahan (palamig sa aircon ), and etc. Though thank God I haven't been victimized (yet ), these were horror stories that happened and experienced before as told by somebody who also happens to be a shipper. Anyway, Your problem might just be a drained battery (and a consumed gas of course) which can be solved by either a recharge or a push start. As mentioned by Lew_Alcindor, save yourself from hassel, better let it go, move on and charge it to experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast