New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi na nga pare-pareho ang style sa mga spare keys ngayon ... meron yung kumpleto (remote + metal key), meron din yung kulang (metal key only).

Mas gusto ko yung "kumpleto" version ang spare key.

Yung isang car namin "kulang" version ang spare key. Pwede daw akong bumili ng "kumpleto" version, kaso libo-libo ang presyo! Presyong casa talaga, tagang-taga.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eLai View Post
    I asked another SA from different dealership.
    Ganun daw talaga binibigay na set of keys.
    What do you mean ganun talaga? What's the standard? 1 lang ang spare (regular metal key)?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I got 2 sets - key + remote on my Montero, when brand new.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The standard is if there a remote for the vehicle security there should be two of them ... maybe what he means is SAs in general are incompetent ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    For wigo vios and avanza na cars ganyan lang daw talaga binibigay na set of keys 1 w/ remote, 1 regular
    Ganyan lang din nakuha ng friend ko sa avanza 2016 nya.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What do you mean ganun talaga? What's the standard? 1 lang ang spare (regular metal key)?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't think you can get just a replacement remote. you may have to get the entire package. at ganyan na po ang presyo sa casa ng pinaka-mura nila.
    someone here said that a "train-able remote" can be sourced from somewhere, but i can't get the thread...
    I found a locksmith who has a replacement key shell with a blank key. My question now is, will the bottom still work since it doesn't have that white button same as the top?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    I found a locksmith who has a replacement key shell with a blank key. My question now is, will the bottom still work since it doesn't have that white button same as the top?
    I had my altis key fob remote replaced twice already in the casa. its almost 3K. OEM. they will just "imprint" the "fingerprint" code of the alarm ECU on the new "blank" key fob. Its just a one time process meaning once the new blank fob is imprinted that's it. I dunno with the newer toyotas and other brands. But I think they can, my new fort 2.4V has 2 key Fobs exactly identical. I saw in the casa new key Fobs for the Fortuner and it costs P12k "only"... haha

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    I had my altis key fob remote replaced twice already in the casa. its almost 3K. OEM. they will just "imprint" the "fingerprint" code of the alarm ECU on the new "blank" key fob. Its just a one time process meaning once the new blank fob is imprinted that's it. I dunno with the newer toyotas and other brands. But I think they can, my new fort 2.4V has 2 key Fobs exactly identical. I saw in the casa new key Fobs for the Fortuner and it costs P12k "only"... haha
    I have an older model e. 2005 innova actually. Toyota quoted me at 10k only 😂 kaya am trying to look for a cheaper alternative. I just need to find someone who can replace that bottom switch. :/

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    I have an older model e. 2005 innova actually. Toyota quoted me at 10k only �� kaya am trying to look for a cheaper alternative. I just need to find someone who can replace that bottom switch. :/

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i just asked from the casa, last week.
    they have complete generic system, complete with two remotes, costing less than 8K.
    i do not know if labor is included.
    they are probably cheaper in banawe.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Bakit 2014 Altis ko isa lang duplicate tapos regular key pa

1996 Altis 2 with alarm. Not sure if there's one regular key pa.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Mukhang sa 2014 na Toyotas ganyan. 2014 Vios G ko 1 lang may remote na key

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast