New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've seen some new Camry Hybrids on the road recently. Obviously may pumapasok nito other than TMPI. Any feedback on this? And what about service and maintenance of hybrids in the country? Does Toyota have facilities to do this? I know they plan to release the Prius here soon, too.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think its selling for 2.2m-2.4m sa gray market. ive only seen one on the road though. its the 2.4L version with the added electric engine dba? my friend's friend has a 3.0L v6 accord hybrid daw... havnt seen it yet.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heard from the grapevine that Senator Ping Lacson has a hybrid Camry as well. It's the Gen 5 model tho.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Heard from the grapevine that Senator Ping Lacson has a hybrid Camry as well. It's the Gen 5 model tho.
    It got to be a Gen 6 as there is no Hybrid on the Gen 5.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I see. Well in that case, I stand corrected ;)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're all grays. Toyota hasn't committed to the Prius yet, because they can't sell it low enough to make a good business case. I don't doubt they could sell maybe a dozen a year, but they need to be able to ensure availability of parts and services for these cars, which is difficult, because they share so little with regular Toyotas (even the 1.5 is different, in quite a few ways, from the regular 1.5).

IMHO, they should just take the hit and import the Prius as a "halo car" (like what Nissan did with the 350Z).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So does this mean there are facilities available (Toyota or otherwise) to service hybrids already?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    pansin ko lang,parang ang liit ng brake lights ng hybrid camry

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
    So does this mean there are facilities available (Toyota or otherwise) to service hybrids already?
    Not sure. But most likely not. Toyota probably won't invest in Prius-specific maintenance facilities unless they can import enough Prius's to use them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Camry Hybdird