New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys,

I'm a newbie na gustong bumili ng car ang maximum budget ko is 150k, can you suggest what is the best car I could buy.

Car Model:
    Mileage:
    Year build:
    Fuel consumption:

Any input is a big help for me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    is that your absolute budget? if so, I suggest getting a car worth only 125k and keep the rest for repairs.

for me, best buys are mazdas and nissans because of their low 2nd hand price and fully loaded features. you could usually get a "newer" and higher variant model compared to a toyota or honda. and the ease of maintenance and its costs are easily slotted between the T and H brands too. pero syempre, di mo matatalo ang reputation and resale value ng toyotas and hondas.

so for me, it would be among the ff:

-96-97 nissan sentra SS
    -97-98 mazda familia
    -99-00 kia pride cd5
    -am not familiar with the prices of toyotas or hondas coz i never looked for one before
    Last edited by coiter; August 27th, 2008 at 04:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my officemate had this dilemna last week.
    against my advise, he opted for a 97 Opel Vectra which he got for 130k.
    tuwang tuwa ang loko.

seriously. at 150k, get a lancer itlog or a nissan sentra series 3.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Toyota Corolla Bigbody, or if you're lucky, you can get a lovelife body for that price.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Sorry for noob question, anong model yung lancer itlog & corolla big body?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    itlog yung 93-96 ng lancer, if you look at the tail light, medyo bilugan ang form nya, almost same year model yung big-body ng toyota AFAIK. with that budget, i'd go for itlog or nissan din, then make sure may spare ka at least 20K for maintenance/repair. good luck. happy car hunting.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by michael090 View Post
    Guys,

I'm a newbie na gustong bumili ng car ang maximum budget ko is 150k, can you suggest what is the best car I could buy.

Car Model:
    Mileage:
    Year build:
    Fuel consumption:

Sir,

I suggest you browse over autolink.ph -- you'll have a wide range of choices. As much as possible, go for a second hand Toyota (no biases). Objectively speaking, you'll be better off in maintaining a 10 to 12-year old Toyota car. Parts are easily available and cheaper.

And if you can find no Toyota that's within your budget, I'll recommend Mitsubishi as your possible 2nd option.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by michael090 View Post
    Guys,

Car Model:
    Mileage:
    Year build:
    Fuel consumption:

Sir,

I suggest you browse over autolink.ph -- you'll have a wide range of choices. As much as possible, go for a second hand Toyota (no biases). Objectively speaking, you'll be better off in maintaining a 10 to 12-year old Toyota car. Parts are easily available and cheaper.

And if you can find no Toyota that's within your budget, I'll recommend Mitsubishi as your possible 2nd option.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    for sale nissan sentra eccs call #09238269551