New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Good day sir,balak namin kuha Gl Grandia, ask ko yung break in period nya. May nabasa ako na 80kph or below lang ang takbo, yung isa naman dapat speed above 100 kph tapos ibalik sa 80 tapos speed up ulit.alin ba dito ang dapat?thank you...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jodsalva View Post
    Good day sir,balak namin kuha Gl Grandia, ask ko yung break in period nya. May nabasa ako na 80kph or below lang ang takbo, yung isa naman dapat speed above 100 kph tapos ibalik sa 80 tapos speed up ulit.alin ba dito ang dapat?thank you...
    In our Innova's user manual, there was no mention of specific speed limit during the break-in period. I assume it will be the same for the Grandia.
    What it mentioned is that don't rev too high and don't travel in one specific speed or rev continuously for too long.
    IMO, they mentioned the rev because it is a better indication of engine activity that the speed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bago na mga makina ngayon, di na masyado sensitive sa break-in period. basta during break-in dapat hindi ka babad sa isang speed lang. sa highway huwag steady ang speed, dapat laruin mo up and down. at iwasan yung matagal na idling. at ang break-in sa hiway hindi sa traffic. grandia pa naman, ibyahe mo yan ng pagudpud o sorsogon paglabas pa lang ng casa.

pero bili ka na muna bago mo problemahin yang break-in. di mo pa nga nae-enjoy sumakay e nagwo-worry ka na. enjoy your new ride, wag mo pasakitin ulo mo.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    bago na mga makina ngayon, di na masyado sensitive sa break-in period. basta during break-in dapat hindi ka babad sa isang speed lang. sa highway huwag steady ang speed, dapat laruin mo up and down. at iwasan yung matagal na idling. at ang break-in sa hiway hindi sa traffic. grandia pa naman, ibyahe mo yan ng pagudpud o sorsogon paglabas pa lang ng casa.

pero bili ka na muna bago mo problemahin yang break-in. di mo pa nga nae-enjoy sumakay e nagwo-worry ka na. enjoy your new ride, wag mo pasakitin ulo mo.
    Tama, ang magandang break in sa highway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

Tama, ang magandang break in sa highway.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with the abovementioned. With the new engines today, break-in is not as critical as it was before with a new engine as compared to an overhauled engines. My personal practice is to refrain from doing high rpm (redline) banzai runs for the first few hundred kms. What's more important is to go in for the 1,000km service. You'll also start to feel the engine loosening up as you go over 5,000kms and do some hard drives on the highway.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think a good break-in for the current modern engines is not to baby it. Short of saying drive it like you stole it, but a notch back. Take it on the highway and explore how fast it can go. But avoid redlining it and static speed.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    With our Innova, I didn't mind the speed. I just refrained from sudden acceleration and high engine revs.
    For a diesel engine, I maxed at 2.5K (uphill going to our apartment) during the break in period.

- - - Updated - - -

With our Innova, I didn't mind the speed. I just refrained from sudden acceleration and high engine revs.
    For a diesel engine, I maxed at 2.5K (uphill going to our apartment) during the break in period.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to TS,

para kang virgin kuya, nakatutok pa lang umaaray na.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thank you mga sir.your advices are noted.inform ko kayo pag nakakuha na.salamat.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you mga sir.your advices are noted.inform ko kayo pag nakakuha na.salamat.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    hi, mga bro....hiace commuter owner ako...we bought it last june 05, 2012. after few days naka 559 klm na ako.....then my son and I decided to go to subic, zambales to break-in...I let my son drive it....sa NLEX varied ang speed namin every 3-5 minutes interval....ex. we run from 0 to 100...after 3 min....go down to 80klm....after 10 min....120klm....after 3 mins....70-80...after 10 mins....140....3 mins after .....go down to 70-80-90.......when we arived at SLEX, I told my son to take 160kllm for about 3-5 mins....then reduce speed to 60....70....for 15 mins.....then repeat to a full speed of 170klm for 3-5 mins....then relax to 70....when we travel back from subic to manila...we do the same but I notice that the car....the engine run very smooth already......until now....basta mag hi-way ako.....pinpatakbo ko ng full speed for 3-5 mins....then relaks na. I see to it that I bring my hiace commuter sa NLEX or SLEX or SCTEX once a month para ma-DICARB. Sa awa ng Dios ok naman...at walang problema. importante you follow strictly casa maintenance schedule ng sasakyan. at fully synthetic oil (15W50).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Break in period Grandia