New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^D4-D lang po sir.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ako rin nagtanong fr 2 diff casa guys when i got my vios last may 11 regarding break in..sabi nga nila di na daw bini break in ngayon yung mga bagong sasakyan..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It just occurred to me, what if you buy a new car with a prehistoric engine - say, an Adventure (4D56) or a Crosswind (4JA1). Would they still need to be broken in? After all, they're using the same engine setups for the past 20 years or so.
    it's not literally the same engine as it was in the past.
    materials engineering and manufacturing had advanced over the years.
    it may be the same the design but the materials used, fit and finish plus dimensional tolerances are way advanced than it was 20 years ago.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    but why does the manul say not to go at very high speeds for the first 1000km? And why does it say not to be on a constant speed for a long duration?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jrn29 View Post
    break-in 100-120 sprint sprint lang

ako. hard break in ginawa ko..
    nung pag kuha sa casa na sagad ko si innova..
    ang alam ko nga rin na ibreak in na raw at hataw na sa sta rosa daw bago i deliver sa toyota :-)
    Korek ka dyan. Na hard break in na nila yan although short time lang.
    I see new cars from Santa Rosa na ang tutulin sa SLEX going to Manila.
    Normally convoy sila, all with hazard lights flashing and plastic cover all over the interiors.
    Then when you get a new car ay 5 Km lang ang reading kasi dini-disconnect nila ang odometer while going to the Casa. I know this because when I bought a car long time ago, it was my first complaint - the odometer was not working - always 5 Km. Nakalimutan daw ikabit.

The worst I saw was a group of Isuzu Dmax (also from their Santa Rosa plant).
    I slowed down on a big hump of around 7 inches high.
    Then here came a brand new DMAX hazards and all then zipped passed the hump full speed and no brake lights engaged. Idol. I know it has high ground clearance but pity the new owner that even on 2 inches of humps he tries to slow down.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nearly 2 weeks nung nakuha ko yung kotse, sinagad ko agad sa SLEX. Naka-break in na kasi yan e

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Just follow the manufacturer advise what is written in your manual. yung nakakausap natin sa casa puro sales ang alam pero pag tinanong mo ng technical matters may sasabihin din,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Break-in