Bought 2 roadsters last year: A Bmw z4 (Red) from Autoallee and an Mx5 (Black) from Mazda Alabang respectively and both had hairline scratches and some swirl marks...This is to be expected at times because Dealers don't really take good care of the car paint, as long there are no chips and long deep scratches... all they'd do is apply some wax and glaze to make it shiny and hide some of the scratches and off to the delivery point. Can't blame them entirely, the cars probably sat in some dusty or open air warehouse bombarded by rain and like I said dust before they are purchased. My practice now --- being as long as there are no dents, chips, cracks and deep scratches it's all good for me!

I do, However, send the cars immediately to the detailer (Big Bert) to have it clay bared...polish, waxed and paint protected. Then I'd start admiring my new babies right after the "service" never truly before and never get dealer detailing services.

Moving forward, despite very careful wash practices...swirl marks still appear regardless of how careful one is...hence at years end i'd often do a full detailing just to get that brand new look.