New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi Peeps,

My ride is corolla 97 xe. lately I noticed that when I am in stop and go trapik for quite sometime and when I shift to first gear, yun body ng car ay naga jerk, di makahatak ng ayos, you need to put in high rev but in normal driving, a normal stop (w/o trapik) then firts gear ay wala naman problem. malakas naman ang hatak ng car ko...Is it the clutch, pressure plate/ or do I need to do tune up? It is true that one way of checking the clucth is put your gear in 3rd (engine is running), slowly press the gas pedal, release the clutch, the car should move very littel and engine will be shutoff.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deng, i TOTALLY thought this thread was going to be about something else

if we're talking about your car, then maybe it is the clutch, or you need to get used to shifting. maybe i don't understand the issue, but when you downshift it's kinda normal for the body to jerk unless you rev it really high before engaging 1st.

if we're talking about a different kind of body, well....um....no comment :evillaugh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1

same thing here... I thought it was about another "body".

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^ or part of the body

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan_el View Post
    Hi Peeps,

My ride is corolla 97 xe. lately I noticed that when I am in stop and go trapik for quite sometime and when I shift to first gear, yun body ng car ay naga jerk, di makahatak ng ayos, you need to put in high rev but in normal driving, a normal stop (w/o trapik) then firts gear ay wala naman problem. malakas naman ang hatak ng car ko...Is it the clutch, pressure plate/ or do I need to do tune up? It is true that one way of checking the clucth is put your gear in 3rd (engine is running), slowly press the gas pedal, release the clutch, the car should move very littel and engine will be shutoff.
    hmm. dami pwedeng maging cause yan.

a) dirty fuel lines, carb or fuel filter
    b) tune-up/spark plugs
    c) high tension wires
    d) yung clutch not sure, pero last na yan.

what i suggest is i-pa tune-up mo muna, palit fuel fulter and ipalinis mo yung carb. dun sa shop na ipagpapatune-up mo, i pa check mo na din condition ng HT wires para isang banatan na lang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ako nanggaling na ako sa ganyang jerking body, why not check your clutch cable? Baka it needs replacement na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Ako nanggaling na ako sa ganyang jerking body, why not check your clutch cable? Baka it needs replacement na.
    OT: kaya pala bro pag kausap kita, medyo nanginginig pa boses mo eh. heheheheh. you have mail...

Body is jerking