New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    totoo ba matakaw sa gas ang Vios 1.3e AT ?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hindi kapadin bababa sa 10 sir. konti lang naman. kung naka 11-12 ka. ok na din.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    hello,

i am going to buy my first car on the 27th and i'm pretty torn between two choices, a kia picanto (which ill get from kia ortigas) or a toyota vios 1.3e a/t (which ill get from toyota pasig for 720k). both of them are already approved by respective banks it all boils down to what i will end up paying for really.

i already used a late 2010 vios for a good 1 month and i dont have problems about the handling or the fuel economy it just had a weird fanbelt like (that is not really the fanbelts making the noise as per rapide) sound at 25000+ kms that got louder and louder until i had to return it, figured its one of those cars where the owner doesnt take very good care of the car so i was pretty sold with it. but man when i saw one of those picantos in the flesh, i was in a trance. plus when i got to see it face to face i fell in love with how goodlooking it was. and it has an ipod ready sound system too compared to the stock sound set up of the vios.

i just want to get your take on my two choices on what to get. i've been reading all these articles about the two cars and might i say, i'm getting more and more confused as to which dealer to visit on the 27th. hope some of you guys can help me decide.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    up for this thread. would be great to get insight from toyota owners

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    We were in the same situation before although the choice is between a/t vios, celerio, jazz and hyundai i10. We chose the vios for the following reasons:

- bigger engine than celerio and i10 though not as fuel efficient since we only get 8-10 km/liter city driving. Went to tagaytay with 4 of us and I didn't feel that it's underpowered
    - roomy interior (comparable to late 90s corolla)
    - good casa service (we're satisfied for the 1k, 5k and 10k pms so far at toyota makati)
    - aircon is good for such a small car and with filter too
    - suspension is very solid though I'm planning to replace the wheels to a wider 185 series tyres for better traction
    - in the philippines, toyota commands a good resale value and abundance in parts
    - used as a taxi so maybe, it's really durable (i'm positive about the vios as a choice for taxi companies.. anyway, ours is not white, hehe).

We also included the picanto in the list but turned out, its interior is not as big as the vios. Otherwise, ok naman yun picanto lalo na yun bagong model.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iamconfused View Post
    hello,

i am going to buy my first car on the 27th and i'm pretty torn between two choices, a kia picanto (which ill get from kia ortigas) or a toyota vios 1.3e a/t (which ill get from toyota pasig for 720k). both of them are already approved by respective banks it all boils down to what i will end up paying for really.

i already used a late 2010 vios for a good 1 month and i dont have problems about the handling or the fuel economy it just had a weird fanbelt like (that is not really the fanbelts making the noise as per rapide) sound at 25000+ kms that got louder and louder until i had to return it, figured its one of those cars where the owner doesnt take very good care of the car so i was pretty sold with it. but man when i saw one of those picantos in the flesh, i was in a trance. plus when i got to see it face to face i fell in love with how goodlooking it was. and it has an ipod ready sound system too compared to the stock sound set up of the vios.

i just want to get your take on my two choices on what to get. i've been reading all these articles about the two cars and might i say, i'm getting more and more confused as to which dealer to visit on the 27th. hope some of you guys can help me decide.
    nagkaroon ako ng picanto about 5 yrs ago at vios 1.3 ang gamit ko ngayon, masasabi kong mas masarap gamitin ang vios dahil mas maluwag ang loob at mas malaki ang trunk space bukod pa sa mas matipid at mas mabilis ang vios !

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We got a silver 1.3 AT last Wednesday from Toyota Shaw. Na trade in ko pa ng konting halaga yung 1995 Lancer AT namin. We were actually contemplating the GLS Lancer and the GX Sentra pero we wanted something smaller. Out na ang mga hatch because we have two kids and we need the luggage space. We settled for the 1.3 dahil usually kaming apat lang naman ang sumasakay.

So far so good. Driving position is upright so kakaiba sa medyo laid back position ng Lancer. Makitid sya pero length pareho lang sa old car. Nakakatuwa ang flat floor sa likod pwedeng humiga sa sahig. Rear legroom is very good.

Ang engine naman sarap ihataw. Drop two gears agad kung ibaon mo gas and hold sya until red line kahit naka-D lang. Gated na rin pala ang shifter. Gulat din ako sa reverse may beep beep sya sa loob to let you know na nasa R ka pala. Saves you from inadvertently going in the wrong direction

Aircon naka 2 sa umaga, 3 sa tanghali and 1 sa gabi. Thermostat nasa 1/3 lang.

Complaints lang so far ay yung missing aux in. Workaround muna ang pag-write ng mp3 sa CDR. Mas ok din sana kung pwede ilapit pa ng konti ang manibela pero sanayan lang siguro. Confirm ko din muna kung may aircon filter na 'to. Sabi kasi ng ibang owners may abang na lalagyan pero walang filter sa loob. At wala syang lalagyanan ng coins.

Mukhang taxi? Di pa naman ako pinapara so far :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sir kamusta naman consumo sa gas ng 1.3E A/T?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
BNEW Vios 1.3E A/T 720k good buy?