New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    will be waiting for the pics of new ride sir.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    but you're right sir, I think I should go check the RAV4 again, check the interiors, sit on the seats and feel it out, sa ngayon kasi, mas na eexcite ako pag na-iimagine kong sakay dun sa Altis 2.0V kesa sa RAV4, and I think it's not because 3yr old na yung RAV4, it's more on the excitement of driving a car with nifty fun features (push start button, 8-way power seats, hid headlamps, multi-information display, speed sensing locks, keyless entry, auto rain sensor, parking sensors, reverse sensors etc).

All of which I think the RAV4 lacks. So the RAV4 feels for me to be just a reliable SUV that will get me there, but will not be as fun to drive.

What I'm thinking right now is maybe get the RAV4, save some money, and in 2-3 years time baka may new gen of Civic / Focus / Altis na with better features, so I can sell the RAV4 and buy from there. Sensya na mga sir magulo ba
    I'd go with the rest and advice you to get that Rav4 instead of the 2.0V Altis. I find that the additional features of the Altis like the push-start button just some novelty that'll wear out once you get used to driving it.

If you trust your aunt and if she takes care of the car naman, go ahead and get it. Use the money saved for problems that will arise in the feature. Also, to trick it out. The Rav4 is really the better car in this comparison. Goodluck with your decision!
    Last edited by noobskie; January 6th, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    get the altis 2.0 and ako na lang bili nun rav4 hehe..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Why not get the rav4 and after a month or gusto mo parin ang altis benta mo yung rav4 at higher price tapos bili ka ng altis.

For me better buy yung rav4, Yung ride quality nito is almost like the camry. HIgher ground clearance than the altis. And your buying it at a super low price.
    Last edited by 2slow; January 11th, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    I guess its the older generation rav (small rav) not this, 1M + ang bentahan pa neto

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Halos lahat nangangarap na magkaroon ng SUV tapos ikaw pinapangarap mo kotseng ginagawang taxi?

Sa Rav4 ako. kahit yan pa yung 2nd gen last stocks ng 2006 o yung isa sa mga una ng 3rd gen nung 2006.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    I guess its the older generation rav (small rav) not this, 1M + ang bentahan pa neto
    2006 RAV daw eh..And he's getting it from his aunt so family price na yung pinresyo sa kanya..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another thing going for the Rav4 is that its a Japan manufactured model with Japan-sourced pars (CMIIW) while the Altis is Thailand parts bin. For me thats a plus on the reliability and value side.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tama nah! bilhin mo na mga yang rav 4! kung hindi mo type after a few weeks, benta mo samin! tubuan mo nang kaunti lang... ha?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mga sirs just want to give you an update...

I went with the RAV4, and I actually just got the unit last night. Indi ko pa nagagamit kasi coding sya today

I checked the exterior this morning really good condition pa sya, but I haven't seen the interior yet nagmamadali papasok sa office kanina.

Just want to thank everyone who gave their advice/opinions. I chose the RAV4 as it was more of an investment decision for me, sabi nga ninyo, parang tumubo na ako agad ng 400-500k with the price that my aunt was selling it at. After a few years kung may new gen of cars na maganda talaga maybe then I will sell the RAV4 and buy a new one.

Medyo natagalan lang dahil pumila pa auntie ko sa subaru, she went with a Subaru Forrester by the way, instead of the CX7.

I will try to post pictures by this weekend, thanks uli mga sirs you've been very helpful

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
bnew altis or 2nd hand rav4 - need advice