New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I have an ae92 with a blacktop engine. I have been experiencing a misfire from 2000 rpm to 4000 rpm after that the engine will rev all the way to 8k without any problems. i already changed high tension wires and i still experience the same problem. My gas tank is still the original tank of the carburated engine do i need to change to a tank for an EFI engine?Please help me diagnose my engine. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    fuel pump or filter?

panung misfire ba?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir, preferable pa din ang EFI sa black top na engine..kung nag mimisfire ka sa arangkada better check your carb then have it overhauled. had the same problem with my black top before nung carb type pa..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by m_2paz View Post
    Sir, preferable pa din ang EFI sa black top na engine..kung nag mimisfire ka sa arangkada better check your carb then have it overhauled. had the same problem with my black top before nung carb type pa..
    afaik, blacktop does not have a carb cause its an efi. efi's does not have carbs. they have ecu's to control their fuel-air combustion.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    To clarify: the TS is asking whether or not having a gas tank originally from a carburated car (indicating engine swap to an EFI from a carb) will make a difference.

Not quite sure about the answer myself.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapfoose View Post
    I have an ae92 with a blacktop engine. I have been experiencing a misfire from 2000 rpm to 4000 rpm after that the engine will rev all the way to 8k without any problems. i already changed high tension wires and i still experience the same problem. My gas tank is still the original tank of the carburated engine do i need to change to a tank for an EFI engine?Please help me diagnose my engine. Thanks.
    So the car runs like...

*pedal floored* vrrr...gug...gug...gug...gug...hits 4000rpm...rooooooom...

In our experience with another car and a Kawasaki Ninja, it could be the cause of...

Spent spark plugs
    Bad engine timing
    Clogged fuel lines
    Dirty throttle body
    E10 gas

But it's tune-up for the win. If all else fails, E10 must be the source of the troubles.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    So the car runs like...

*pedal floored* vrrr...gug...gug...gug...gug...hits 4000rpm...rooooooom...

In our experience with another car and a Kawasaki Ninja, it could be the cause of...

Spent spark plugs
    Bad engine timing
    Clogged fuel lines
    Dirty throttle body
    E10 gas

But it's tune-up for the win. If all else fails, E10 must be the source of the troubles.
    Yup you got it right with the symptoms. The engine misfires til 4k rpm. We have changed plugs, adjusted the timing, cleaned the fuel lines. We will take your advise on the throttle body might be full of carbon already, changed the high tension wires also. As for the bummer E10 gas... BUMMER TALAGA YAN.
    We will also check the injectors which might be clogged or the o-rings and insulators of the injectors need changing.

blacktop misfire