New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Big Body IMO. Has a large cabin; can fit 5 at the back; Very very fuel efficient, the speed isnt bad for it's 1.3 liter engine. Has a wide range of availability of parts.....teka teka, im getting biased here. :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    AE101 aka Big Body po the best para sakin.
    Timeless looks (much better than the AE111 kahit mas luma), spacious, tas ok din yung makina.
    May AE101 kami GLi tas kayang makipagsabayan sa fortuner 2.7G, papunta kaming subic nun wala pang SCTEX, dun sa 2 lane highway sa pampanga 170 takbo 6 passengers (overloading amf). )

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mga ka-berks,

Pag may alam kayo na binebentang 2nd Hand Toyota Corolla (Small body) model 90-92, paki-email po ako. milesawayman*yahoo.com

Thanks & God bless,
    miles

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    1.6 2005 corolla is the best for me. Efficient engine, spacious interior, reliable and thick pillars and sturdy construction for safety.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Why is the Altis underrated? It's a very comfy car.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Why is the Altis underrated? It's a very comfy car.
    Probably because the competition has caught up to it in one way or another. I mean, yung AE101, nung time niya sobrang class leading in terms of packaging, space, features, tapos maganda yung engine (only to be beaten by the EK in 96). Eh yung ZZ, nung 2001, it was class leading definitely, but the competition was right at its feet. Kung kailangan mo ng power nandun yung 2.0 Focus RS back then (really quick car). Tapos nung 2004 lumabas yung Mz3. Suddenly the Altis wasn't the best featured car anymore. Nilamang nalang niya was that it was luxury-oriented but that was a subjective selling point. Of course since Toyota siya and the competitor was a Mazda, talo parin niya to sa sales, but really the Mazda 3 was technologically superior and had lots of features the Altis didn't have. Then came the FD Civic. It blew all of the competition away because it was nicely speced (at least the 1.8S and 2.0S trims), had great engines, and of course, had the Honda brand rep that was probably as good as Toyota's.

So yun. The Altis is a great car (the 10th gen is well packaged and has got lots of features, pero hindi sporty), but it will take more radical thinking from Toyota to make another class leader like the AE92 and AE101.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Maybe they should make a 20V ZZ with hot cams...hehehe. *dreaming*

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If they're gonna come up with a high performance ZZ baka yung 158 hp na may Valvematic. Luma na 4A-GE di na bagay sa ZZ.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Nope, not the 4A-GE, but Toyota should come up with a ZZ with a 20V head...hehehe...

I read about the Valvematic trick, and it sounds promising:

The new Toyota Valvematic 2.0 liter engine will most likely be christened the 3ZR-FAE, and will put out 158 PS at 6,200rpm and 196Nm at 4,400rpm. Being part of the new ZR engine family, variable valve timing features will be the same as the 2ZR-FE’s Dual VVT-i system – valve timing on both intake and exhaust valves.
    I hope they drop the 3ZR-FAE on the Corolla so it can keep up with the Lancer EX and Civic.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Mag sir!!! I have a Big Body 94 corolla XL white color. for me the best ang Big body. 1.3 engine naka oversize piston naka LG 17" gun metal color mags na. yun nga lang napapa bayaan ko na... nag uumpisa ng kalawangin yung roof... But I'm planning to repaint it sa summer.. ano po ba magandang color sa corolla?

The Best Toyota Corolla