New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by squala

The AE101 can be just as fast as any 1.6-liter Honda (except SiR), yet consumes less fuel. I just don't know why most drag racers pick heavier Civics over this.
    Based from my experience there is hardly any potential for the 4A-FE engine of the AE101 (Sorry for us). I own one and did all the possible things from the basic bolt ons to the more advance programmable box, port polish, tranny mods (double d, lightened flywheel) but still NO dramatic change in power. This is the reason why drag racers usually pick the civics since its 'econo' engines have better potential even the SOHC D16's. (d16 with oversized piston conversion can kick off your 'stock' b16a's).

Realistic solution: Engine swap. 4A-GE or the GZE. You can ask other GE owners. ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    of course the latest would have to be the best. at least for me. but if you'd make me choose between an AE101 and an AE111...AE101 is for me

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    basta tumingin kami nun sa toyota qc d ko na maalala kung kailan tapos may binebenta sila nun na corolla TRD (d ko nacheck yung makina nun, wala pa kasi ako alam sa kotse nun.hehe). ang hinahanap ko lang kasi sa mga kotse is yung top of the line kaagad. mas mataas pa sa 1.6gli. sa pagkakaalala ko nasa 145 to 150hp yun.
    i think ito yung TOMS Turbo na corolla. nasa 160hp ata to. pero hindi sya lumabas nung 1996. arnd 99 or 00 ata. basta ae111 na yung body nya. May TRD na lumabas nung ae101 body although wala atang changes sa engine. puros cosmetic lang. among them are white face gauges, strut tower bar, carbon fiber on the dash, TRD logos, momo leather steering wheel and shift knob.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naalala ko pa yng toms AE111 corolla na yan...to be exact 163 hp ang power rating niya (4AFE fitted with a turbo kit from tom's)
    functional hood scoop, chin, side skirts, etc etc..underequipped nga lang sa tires. naka 185/65/14 pa rin

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AE101 for me din po.. also had 1 as my first car

btw for the person who asked lated corolla altis is aka ZZE121 for 1.6 and ZZE122 for 1.8

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    panapat nila sa SiR yung tom's corolla, pero di ata nag click eh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    syempre paborito ko po ang AE86! but it is very very overpriced nowadays... tsk

tapos

gusto ko rin po yung second generation na corolla. KE27 po ata yun. cute, RWD, at pwede 2TG

tapos

sa mga FWD po... AE92 pa rin ako.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    the best corolla for me yung 1989-1990 16 valve. Yung CBU. Hataw kasi yun!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    AE 101

Though stock lang ang engine, 4AFE, hindi rin nagpapa-iwan sa NLEX. at 160, isa lang ang naka-overtake sa akin noon, corolla din, AE 92 (yaks) probably with an 4AGE engine mods. humaharurot, e.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by es5
    Based from my experience there is hardly any potential for the 4A-FE engine of the AE101 (Sorry for us). I own one and did all the possible things from the basic bolt ons to the more advance programmable box, port polish, tranny mods (double d, lightened flywheel) but still NO dramatic change in power. This is the reason why drag racers usually pick the civics since its 'econo' engines have better potential even the SOHC D16's. (d16 with oversized piston conversion can kick off your 'stock' b16a's).

Realistic solution: Engine swap. 4A-GE or the GZE. You can ask other GE owners. ;)
    Have you tested your car's performance against Civic (ESi and VTi), Sentra, Lancer or 323/Lynx? I reckon that the 4A-FE can go just as fast as any of these cars. Any performance difference is minimal, so the driver is what counts more here. In fairness, Civics have slicker gear changes, which may give them a slight advantage. But the Corolla is lighter, so performance should be almost if not equal. I myself beat an ESi at Ortigas. He has more modifications (lowered and exhaust) plus a headstart. I slowly caught up and passed him just before the Santolan intersection. I will not say he's not flooring it. I can tell from his car's sounds. In fact, it was almost breathless. And given his car's appearance, I should say he drives it to the limit whenever possible.

I know that it was not a properly-timed and gauged race, but I am confident enough to say that the GLi will not shame itself against all other 1.6-liter cars (except SiR, 4A-GE and MIVEC).

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
The Best Toyota Corolla