New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Just a note about the much coveted (and sometimes overrated) AE86 Trueno.

Surprisingly, there are still quite a few who think that this variant was sold exclusively in the JDM division when in fact it was being assembled and marketed here in the Philippines as the Levin in the early 80's. I guess this is why a lot think that it is like looking for a needle in a haystack these days.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; April 5th, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    toyota gl 16 valve for me. ito kasi ang meron ako eh he he he . . .
    sabi nung mekaniko at mga kaibigan ko eh import daw yun galing japan. nung nagpalins ako ng aircon eh sinabi din nya sa akin na galing japan daw yun kasi iba aircon. 100 units lang DAW yun ganun dyan sa pinas.up to now nasa akin pa.maddrive ko uli this july kasi uuwi kami.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Best Corolla? The AE101, bar none. That thing was built like a tank, we had ours for eight years and it just soaked up the abuse.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    my corolla, of course!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    AE101...hmmm yan ba ung 1.3engine na carburator pa? Kasi ganyan oto ko 94 Corolla XL Pinaka-base model madaling imaintain. Big Body. thanks

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Just a note about the much coveted (and sometimes overrated) AE86 Trueno.

Surprisingly, there are still quite a few who think that this variant was sold exclusively in the JDM division when in fact it was being assembled and marketed here in the Philippines as the Levin in the early 80's. I guess this is why a lot think that it is like looking for a needle in a haystack these days.
    I'm not aware that the Levin was ever assembled and marketed in the Philippines. Yes, there were a few units on the road, usually already set up to be rally cars and you could probably have gotten one if you were close to the Silverios. The Corolla FWD in 5 door hatchback and 4 door sedan were the models marketed to the public during that time.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    pag sa design 08 altis is the best very upscale (USDM Camry look alike) ang labas pero ang makina parang mahina (on paper) 109ps on 1.6 and 132ps on 1.8 parang underrated 145ps sa previous gen. parang overrated naman. pero bakit yung hp rating kumunti? mali ba ang pag rate sa previous model?

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    syempre bias ako ung AE101 ive been using it for 8 years na ok pa rin heheheh

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    altis din for me..very elegant ang porma..kaya lang yung bagong altis parang hindi ko gusto ung hood..parang bitin kasi..ganun dn sa bagong vios..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    for me i'd say ae92..hindi nawawala sa porma,madali ang parts,reliable and durable....chaka basta jdm na jdm ung look..hehehe..pero nung nakita ko ung bagong altis pag dating sa modern design..sa bagong altis ako ang wafu!!!

The Best Toyota Corolla