New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Had my 1k PMS at Toyota Makati. Service was mostly ok - made sure to discuss the details with the service advisor, and had them remove the car wash and vacuum from the charges (also posted signs telling them not to wash or vacuum the car).

I did have a few issues though:
    • First was the time it took - I got there at 7:30 AM, and only got the car back at 2:30 PM, even though I made an appointment beforehand.
    • Second was the fact that they left some light scratches on my front bumper - the SA brought car back up, and I assume hit it with some polish, so it was ok when he brought it down again.
    • Third, they don't allow you to actually see the car being worked on - they have some video monitors showing some of the service bays and the cars being serviced, but apparently mine was serviced in a bay without a videocam.
    • Finally, you can't bring your own oil for the PMS - you have to use the Toyota oil, which is both expensive and not particularly good.

I'm going to be bringing my car to Toyota Pasig (Ortigas) for its next service this week - chose this because the feedback seemed ok, and they allow you to bring your own motor oil.
    Sir about the Toyota Motor Oil. I always used the Toyota Synthetic Motor Oil. Panget ba ito sir? Kasi ever since yan na gamit ko maganda naman at smooth takbo ng Vios 1.3J ko.

Can you elaborate sir?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marz View Post
    Sa Toyota Pasig ok service nila, pwede ka magdala ng oil at may coffee all you can ka pa, kaya lang bawal manood habang ginagawa car.
    Ako sir dati nag paaalam ako kung pwede manood pinapasok naman ako sa service bay at nanood sa mekaniko habang inaayos yung sasakyan ko sir.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sa Toyota Dasma kaya?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by millsguevarra View Post
    Sir about the Toyota Motor Oil. I always used the Toyota Synthetic Motor Oil. Panget ba ito sir? Kasi ever since yan na gamit ko maganda naman at smooth takbo ng Vios 1.3J ko.

Can you elaborate sir?
    I just don't like the fact that their oil has such as high viscosity - their standard oil is 20w-50, their semi-synthetic is just 15w-50, and even their fully synthetic is 15w-40! If you check your manual, Toyota recommends 5w-30 or 10w-30 for most of their passenger cars - so why aren't their oils in that range?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    I just don't like the fact that their oil has such as high viscosity - their standard oil is 20w-50, their semi-synthetic is just 15w-50, and even their fully synthetic is 15w-40! If you check your manual, Toyota recommends 5w-30 or 10w-30 for most of their passenger cars - so why aren't their oils in that range?
    Wow, sir never ko tinignan yang mga specifics na yan. May ganon pala, hehe. Sige po ill read more about Motor Oils dahil dito

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Best place to service a Toyota