New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy kisig View Post
    Guys you may try this, nabasa ko sa ibang forums and tried it already, effective sya.

"If you are experiencing throttle lag issue sa mga GM nyo coming from a full stop, this might help. I got this from a friend who owns a vios and complained about the throttle lag. Unfortunately, he did not get help from the Toyota dealer where he got his new vios and decided to write an e-mail to Toyota Japan out of desperation. Out of sheer luck, he got a reply and advised to do the following.

The procedure:
    - Turn your key to the ON position (not just ACC), wait for the various dash warning lights to go out - but do NOT start the car.

- Press your throttle all the way down in one smooth motion - just do it at a normal speed (take about 2-3 seconds to hit bottom).

- Let it up, as soon as you hit the bottom.

- Turn off your ignition and wait 3-4 seconds.

- Start the engine up normally and drive.

May have to repeat 3 times for the Computer Training to complete
    this procedure trains the throttle variable switch to the throttle body servo motor. May need to be redone everytime you flash the PCM.

According to the e-mail, this is applicable for all servo motor controlled throttle body, which in other words -- drive by wire throttle body assembly, which how honda calls it."
    TyTy for this Bro!!! Been practicing this for now. So Far OK ang result! Felt like almost driving a Sedan again!!! God Bless to all & Good morning!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Good to know that it helps...ingat lng mga bossing

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanila View Post
    TyTy for this Bro!!! Been practicing this for now. So Far OK ang result! Felt like almost driving a Sedan again!!! God Bless to all & Good morning!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    mabuhay ka Boy Kisig!! salamat sa pagpapamahagi mo nitong solusyon.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Uy! Updates on this please

For the E-throttle controller, backed off from SP7. For some reason, while at this setting, the throttle was still deciding on when and how much power needs to be applied. Weird.
    never had thatproblem with my throttle controller. I even had an incident where the OBD2 connector came loose during driving(nagalaw siguro nung nagpalinis ako). The shadow display just went blank and engine response went back to norm.

Kala ko dati mag wild makina if ever that happened.

I tried the throttle recalibration thingy, it did reduce the lag. But not as apparent as the SP7 setting. I doo think that removing the lag will increase the fuel consumption and you will have no instantaneous way of going back to orig parameters.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Glad to know it just acts like a chip would. Back to stock settings lang kung ma-off.

My Dad's happy with the performance. Still wish you could set it once and forget about it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    typical 2.0 consumo. 7-8kml per liter pure city. Nung bago palang inova ko gang 6kml lang ako. Tumipid lang nung halos mag 5000km na mileage ko.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Uy! Updates on this please

For the E-throttle controller, backed off from SP7. For some reason, while at this setting, the throttle was still deciding on when and how much power needs to be applied. Weird.
    Yong 92 Galant GTi ko ganito din an konsumo niya sa gas (naiwan sa Pinas). Almost stock except for exhaust modification. Tingin ko kahit anong klaseng design ng fuel economy ang gagawin ng mga manufacturers ay ganun na talaga ang performance ng 2.0 engine. Magkakatalo na lang jan sa driving style.

Dito sa Vietnam, mga taxi is Innova 2.0 Gas. Sa tingin ko ang tipid ng mga driver dito, kasi nasa 20-25kph pa lang ang takbo nasa 4th gear na mga drivers dito. From 1st to 4th gear ramdam mo ang nginig ng engine at transmission. Basta yong RPM di lumalampas ng 2k. Yan ang normal driving nila dito.
    Ang bagal nga naman ng takbo, pero hula ko tipid sa gas mga Innova dito dahil sa driving style nila. Pero malamang-lamang mas mabilis masira ang engine at transmission support nila dito.

Sensiya na kung OT. Sharing lang.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Bakit hirap sa arangkada iyung Innove E VVTI 2010 ko kapag nasa hanging....