New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mga sir ask ko lng po kung anu maipapayo nio saken na ssakyan pra gawing taxi ayus po ba gawing taxi ang avanza kc balak po namen mgafranchise ng avanza at gawing taxi.. or vios sna help po i need your advice mga sir... thank po..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlward18 View Post
    mga sir ask ko lng po kung anu maipapayo nio saken na ssakyan pra gawing taxi ayus po ba gawing taxi ang avanza kc balak po namen mgafranchise ng avanza at gawing taxi.. or vios sna help po i need your advice mga sir... thank po..
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format & grammar. Use proper sentenses and paragraph construction. If your posted message is hard to read, less people will read it & respond.

Read the RULES.

Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

Repeated offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlward18 View Post

The Toyota Avanza is Toyota's offering for taxi cab use when they originally launched it years ago.

So, yes, it's good for taxi use.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    well thousands of avanza and vios taxis can be seen on the streets. Testament to its versatility as a public utility vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Avanza j - more cabin, head and cargo space, 200mm min ground clearance good for shallow floods, RWD good in pull and climbing vios j - good fuel consump. in city driving, nice modern design, FWD good in handling. both are good to use as a taxi and are already tested since 2007 for avanza and 2004-5 for vios and still 1st and 2nd choice for taxi operators. but for me i choose the avanza j and convert it to lpg so that it can match to the vios fuel cost and b,coz of its versatility which vios cant match. but in terms of realibility and maintenance both cars are equal. but vios j 2010-11 which comes in power windows and locks will be future maintenance headache b,coz it would be subjected to passenger abuse, the bare, simple and more basic the vehicle the lesser it is to maintain specially if its commercially use. by the way i heard that toyota dealers are now offering vios j in white, maybe to counter the rising demand of hyundai accent crdi diesel for fleet and taxi use.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    pwede sir.. may variant sila para dun.. yung 5-seaters, but only available in white...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    take a look outside and perhaps stay at taxi terminals/stations in malls and get feedback from drivers and operators (if possible!). IMO, both are good for taxi use.

avanza is it good for taxi...?