New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    True the Avanza can take the Highlands' steep roads. But you have to consider the lower air pressure at Baguio which reduces the engine's output. I drove my corolla to baguio and I could literally feel the difference in power.

You might have to unload a couple of people on the last uphill climb if you do bring it to Baguio fully loaded with people and luggage.
    FYI lang po since i am based here in Baguio..

My ride is Avanza 1.3J... Kayang kaya naman po paakyat ng steep uphill road with 8 passengers (including me) and lots of luggage.. 1st gear nga lang kc d kaya ng 2nd gear(nabibitin) pero 1st gear no problem naka 2k-2500 rpm lang ako wlang kahirap hirap... the uphill road i"m referring to is at circumferential road leading to naguilian road which i think much steeper than the last steep uphill climb at marcos highway... considering foggy pa noon and umuulan contributing to lower air pressure as you have mentioned po...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pjkhyra View Post
    FYI lang po since i am based here in Baguio..

My ride is Avanza 1.3J... Kayang kaya naman po paakyat ng steep uphill road with 8 passengers (including me) and lots of luggage.. 1st gear nga lang kc d kaya ng 2nd gear(nabibitin) pero 1st gear no problem naka 2k-2500 rpm lang ako wlang kahirap hirap... the uphill road i"m referring to is at circumferential road leading to naguilian road which i think much steeper than the last steep uphill climb at marcos highway... considering foggy pa noon and umuulan contributing to lower air pressure as you have mentioned po...
    Ok. That should be good news to other Avanza users.

I was concerned about the last steep uphill on Marcos Highway. Every time I pass through there, I see trucks and such grinding up or have totally stalled on the side of the road.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    OT na dito for ilan pages na rin.

May nakakaalam ba kung what triggered the fire? Parang faulty electricals. Palpak na ICE upgrade?
    OO nga..........anu nga kaya dahilan nun accident na yun...sana ma post dito kung anu talaga naging findings ng toyota malamang ibinalik yun sa casa or anu kaya findings ng insurance dun......

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Avanza catches Fire sa SLEX