New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Hehehe, yes, if it was only priced a bit lower, I wouldn't be thinking so hard whether to get one.

But I guess that would be impossible because when I compare the Previa's pricing to neighboring HK, Taiwan, and Australia, there's really a premium over other Toyota models. Our Previa here(esp. in standard version) is actually priced just right compared to say the new RAV4 which is too high.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    blackraven,

will toyota japan sell you a left hand drive unit with all the specs you want? aren't the specs you mentioned just for right hand drive japan-only units?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by C24 View Post
    blackraven,

will toyota japan sell you a left hand drive unit with all the specs you want? aren't the specs you mentioned just for right hand drive japan-only units?
    siguro the only thing that will be hard would be regarding the AWD (All-Wheel-Drive) system that I want to implement.

Sa Estima Hybrid, the AWD is electric (wherein two seperate motors respectively provide power to the front and rear wheels). Eto din ata yung ginamit sa Lexus LS 600 Hybrid na ultra-luxury sedan. Problema nga lang is hindi pa sigurado if it would work with a D-4D 180 engine. Remember that the Estima Hybrid uses a 2AZ-FXE engine (which is 2AZ-FE + electric motor). I'll just have to see next year if this could be done.

Pero kung hindi kaya, there's one last option and that is standard AWD. Parang sa Lexus IS 250 AWD. Just standard AWD.

No FWD or conventional 4WD for me :P

Aside from that, I'm ordering the one na may navigation touch-screen + IPA. I just hope that's possible (but assuming that Lexus has English text for Menus systems, shouldn't be too hard). Bukod doon,
    there is the black interior dash trim pero I don't think that's hard to implement.

I think that's it. I do admit that it will be a challenge to implement all of these.

I'll just try my best to request for as many of the said features as I can.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    How do you plan to order all these? From a grey market source or from Toyota? I'm curious cuz I've never heard anyone do a similar "special" order from a local Toyota dealer.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    How do you plan to order all these? From a grey market source or from Toyota? I'm curious cuz I've never heard anyone do a similar "special" order from a local Toyota dealer.
    Oh I'm not going to this via a dealer. My primary intention is to go straight to the source.

I found it

TOYOTA AUTO BODY CO.,LTD.

Head Office/Fujimatsu Plant
    100,Kanayama Ichiriyama-cho,Kariya,Aichi 448-8666
    Time for me and my dad to get a Japanese visa from the Jap embassy this summer
    Last edited by Blackraven; February 25th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    P.S.

There is one feature though that I'm worried about.

You see that small screen in the middle of the speedometer? That's what you call an MID (multi-info display).

I want to implement that in the Previa that I'll be getting next year. But there is one problem. Look at it closely and you will notice that the thing is too small. So small that it might not be able to fit more than 6 alphanumeric characters.

Heck, if the picture of the car on the left side of the display takes up that portion in such small space, then at most, only FOUR-FIVE alphanumeric characters can fit. So, instead of saying "DRIVER DOOR OPEN" it would just say DOOR(S) OPEN. Of course, it may not be a problem for some pero kung kinumpara mo ito sa MID ng bagong Camry, that screen sa Estima/Previa is PUNY

This is why I have to check with the factory guys at Fujimatsu to see if this feature can be implemented on my unit next year.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Really???

Did you call that Toyota office to accomodate your request? I have no idea Toyota (or any other brand) can do this for an end user. From my experience, a dealer handles an end user's request especially for customized options.

Good luck with your plans and please let us know how it goes

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Uy, pwede pala iyan? Ganyan siguro raket ng mga importers?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Really???

Did you call that Toyota office to accomodate your request? I have no idea Toyota (or any other brand) can do this for an end user. From my experience, a dealer handles an end user's request especially for customized options.

Good luck with your plans and please let us know how it goes
    I'm not sure if can *do* that and don't ask me if it works or not (but there is no shaming in trying naman :P)

The reason why (if ever there is a chance) I'd rather go to the vehicle factory mismo instead of asking customized options from a dealer is really simple: Sales people can be STUPID.

I don't want ignorant sales people to take my order kasi baka they may do something unintelligent. Halimbawa, if I say to them na I want AFS (para sa stock HID Xenon headlamps) as a feature for my car, baka isipin nila na para aircon iyon kasi baka akala nila: AFS= Automatic Freezing System If I request for 11 speakers + 11 airbag option (instead of standard 6 speakers + 2 airbags) baka di rin nila isama. If I request for VDIM, baka hindi rin nila alam.

Tapos, kung nagkamali sa specs, it becomes worthless. You'd have to send it back sa planta sa Japan just to add these specs again. That's why it's better to go there in person. Para you can see that the features that you want to put are in there and that you can see the processes as your car is being manufactured.

Also, since there are some parts that may involve requests/advice from the plant's technical staff, it's indeed important for me to be in person. This also avoids any mistakes/errors that can be committed.

Guess that's it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    I'm not sure if can *do* that and don't ask me if it works or not (but there is no shaming in trying naman :P)

The reason why (if ever there is a chance) I'd rather go to the vehicle factory mismo instead of asking customized options from a dealer is really simple: Sales people can be STUPID.

I don't want ignorant sales people to take my order kasi baka they may do something unintelligent. Halimbawa, if I say to them na I want AFS (para sa stock HID Xenon headlamps) as a feature for my car, baka isipin nila na para aircon iyon kasi baka akala nila: AFS= Automatic Freezing System If I request for 11 speakers + 11 airbag option (instead of standard 6 speakers + 2 airbags) baka di rin nila isama. If I request for VDIM, baka hindi rin nila alam.

Tapos, kung nagkamali sa specs, it becomes worthless. You'd have to send it back sa planta sa Japan just to add these specs again. That's why it's better to go there in person. Para you can see that the features that you want to put are in there and that you can see the processes as your car is being manufactured.

Also, since there are some parts that may involve requests/advice from the plant's technical staff, it's indeed important for me to be in person. This also avoids any mistakes/errors that can be committed.

Guess that's it.
    Nagba-browse ako about Toyota Previa at nakita ko ang thread na 'to. So interesting. May balita ba jan kung anong naging resulta nung special intent order? Since 2007 pa yong thread baka nalumaan mo na yong Previa mo at baka gusto mo ng i-dispose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Any Toyota Previa owners?