New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The last time I went to CDO puro Sentra GX nasakyan ko na taxi. Pero gusto ko kasi talaga makasakay ng Sentra. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It probably is. The new Altis engines are more sensitive to the type of oil you put in, maintenance schedules and traffic conditions than the old 4AFE.

That's not to say it's a bad engine... but it's not really any more durable than other engines in its class.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, after a year or so of use, almost all taxis i see are in more or less the same condition. It still boils down to maintenance and driver habits. In Cebu if you take the Fast Trans vehicles, you'll see their odometers at more than 300,000kms but the condition is better then a Manila taxi with less than 100K on the odo.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the input mga ka-tsikoteers. I will change the oil often so the engine will be well maintained, I will be using a 5w40 SAE engine oil for it every month ang palit (kasi its been used for severe service as taxi).

Medyo matigas lang ang ulo ng bayaw ko kasi sya ang caretaker sa garahe, Kahit may sludge ang makina ay okay lang daw (nasanay kasi sa Jeep na diesel).

In addition to its maintenance, kailangan siguro iflush ng diesel rated oil 15w40 kasi balita ko mataas daw ang detergents ng langis na pang diesel then drain ulit. Change it ulit sa Fully Synthetic Oil what do you think of this idea mga sirs?

Salamat po ulit sa inputs! Mabuhay kayo

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kung ganun ang bayaw mo, palitan mo. Give him another job or ipasok mo muna sa isang company ng isang kakilala para ma-house train.

You need someone who is passionate about protecting your interests. All of us need a henchman to make our lives easier.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boylet View Post
    I bought a 2005 Altis recently and some told me that Altis is much toughest than the vios or avanza, much more on the suspension, space, riding comfort, fuel efficiency and others. I decided to make it as a taxi.

I would like to ask opinion to you my tsikoteers if this is a good decision.

Sabi kasi nila, vios madali masira pangilalim, aircon at masikip ang space s loob
    imho, nissans are better of as taxi's than toyotas. more durable engine, more durable suspension.

pero andyan na ata yan. pangatawanan na lang... just observe due diligence on the maintenance activities.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you'll be changing oil regularly, its okay to stick to mineral-based oil for budget purposes. Even the regular Toyota oil would do.

Change all the other fluids and filters as well para fresh start kayo.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    * horsepower, I have nothing to do with it hangat maari pinagbibgyan ko na lang muna bayaw ko pero desisyon ko pa rin masusunod kahit sya ang matanda. He always learn from amistake bago kumilos pero at this time mahirap masiraan ng engine lalu na altis and thanks for some inputs.

*Vinj, 1d4lv, nikki, otep, boybi, and ghosthunter. Thanks for sharing your thought and experience!

Hope to have some more inputs dahil maraming mahuhusay dito sa tsikot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Altis as Taxi matibay daw kasi