New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I bought a 2005 Altis recently and some told me that Altis is much toughest than the vios or avanza, much more on the suspension, space, riding comfort, fuel efficiency and others. I decided to make it as a taxi.

I would like to ask opinion to you my tsikoteers if this is a good decision.

Sabi kasi nila, vios madali masira pangilalim, aircon at masikip ang space s loob

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boylet View Post
    I bought a 2005 Altis recently and some told me that Altis is much toughest than the vios or avanza, much more on the suspension, space, riding comfort, fuel efficiency and others. I decided to make it as a taxi.

I would like to ask opinion to you my tsikoteers if this is a good decision.

Sabi kasi nila, vios madali masira pangilalim, aircon at masikip ang space s loob
    One problem with the Corolla Altis is the sludge problem with the engine.

Read more about it in the following thread:

Black Sludge and Toyota/Lexus
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62966

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks dude Ill make it as reference though changing oil more often is a good practice especially if the car is used for severe service.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Altis's weakest point is the suspension. Soft shocks can give out quickly over rough Manila streets.

The engine is also more complicated than the old 4AFE, and thus more expensive and harder to maintain... and not really much better than alternative taxi engines from the likes of the Nissan Sentra... though they still get decent fuel economy compared to the competition. The newer body Altis is heavier, though, and people are saying the economy isn't as good anymore. Best bet for a taxi service would be the 2001-2008 models... though if you can still find a pristine 2000 4AFE one, that'll do even better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks sir pero mas matibay daw ang suspension ng altis compare sa vios? As far as maintenance altis is much tougher than vios?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As a taxi cab, the Nissan Sentra N16 1.3L would have been a better choice.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sa Cagayan de Oro City, lahat ng taxi Altis (even the latest one). Dun kasi pag hindi altis, di sumasakay ang mga tao. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi ng Toyota casa dito, engine ng Altis daw pinakamadalas nilang ino-overhaul.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Sabi ng Toyota casa dito, engine ng Altis daw pinakamadalas nilang ino-overhaul.
    i assume its not the new altis sir like what the TS has?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It probably is. The new Altis engines are more sensitive to the type of oil you put in, maintenance schedules and traffic conditions than the old 4AFE.

That's not to say it's a bad engine... but it's not really any more durable than other engines in its class.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Altis as Taxi matibay daw kasi