New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    may na-basa ako.
    7 km/li in the city, 10.5 km/li in the highway.
    not much of a difference from the avanza.

Exactly my point doc. If they only did carry over the same engine from the Avanza, then overall performance will definitely be similar. And one of the major down-side of the Avanza based on my riding experience (and countless discussions with their owners / drivers) was its poor engine performance. You can really feel the sluggish pull from dead stop even if there was only two of us riding it. Thats for both manual (just slightly better) and automatic.

That said, the Rush would have been better off if Toyota gave it a new engine altogether. How about that "1.8 Liter engine" they gave the Corolla Altis ? That would have improved performance right ? which probably enhanced the price as well haha

Joking aside, that 1.8 would have given it the edge over the expander. But who knows, they might just actualy come out with a Super Sportivo variant that has it haha, now that Im sure would sell

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i know of several lolos, who wouldn't mind driving around with this new non-rushing rush.
    now, if toyota believes majority of its customer base is made up of lolos, they need not be worried about the rush.

and with today's gas prices, every trip to the gas station is a reminder of one's good (or bad) choice of car.

heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    i know of several lolos, who wouldn't mind driving around with this new non-rushing rush.
    now, if toyota believes majority of its customer base is made up of lolos, they need not be worried about the rush.

and with today's gas prices, every trip to the gas station is a reminder of one's good (or bad) choice of car.

heh heh.

true, unless your lolo is a former race car driver, then the non-rushing rush might just be a good fit haha

but again as you said, with the sky rocketing prices of gas these days, wouldn't the usual buyer or would-be buyer opt for a car that is more frugal? so if the 7km / liter is the estimated city driving consumption, then that may well be another point against the Rush right?

but then again its still a Toyota, and in this country, the badge alone can sell itself even with one hand and foot tied behind its back.

4. Join Date
    May 2018

heh heh.
    I like the "non-rushing rush"
    It's like the "non-expanding Xpander"

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tsik_r2d2 View Post
    I like the "non-rushing rush"
    It's like the "non-expanding Xpander"
    A non-rushing Rush, and a non-expanding Expander... how ironic

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    may na-basa ako.
    7 km/li in the city, 10.5 km/li in the highway.
    not much of a difference from the avanza.
    Avanza is 9 and 15.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjoen View Post
    Avanza is 9 and 15.
    literature, or personal experience?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Sa haya ng kaha neto. Mga 6- 7km/liter lang siguro to. Sa panahon ngaun ecosport lang talaga ang pinakamatipid na gas mini-SUV.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Sa haya ng kaha neto. Mga 6- 7km/liter lang siguro to. Sa panahon ngaun ecosport lang talaga ang pinakamatipid na gas mini-SUV.
    Vitara po.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    went to baguio using this car with 6 passengers. nakakaawa yung makina, hirap rin mag-overtake kahit sa mga truck na mababagal XD

comfort? kung driver and 1 passenger, medyo matagtag. mas nagiging ok yung ride quality kung may nakasakay sa 2nd row.

ok naman yung 3rd row para saken IMHO. I'm 5' 7" btw.

yung interior nung car, if you are fine with vios then there will be no issues.