New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 85 of 138 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So they're dropping the 18s in favor of what kaya?

Had an oil catch can installed over the weekend. This is to prevent oil seepage from the valve cover breather to the intake manifold and turbo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img-2d0b61774cec3e5d5215f1c7a4abe1c6-v.jpg   img-2693616119ed0efa9ad54e71929af093-v.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokedmd View Post
    Sana ma clinch ko na to by Monday. Dapat nung last Monday, kaso namamahal ata si Lord sa G for me. E nalang daw. Anyway, any recommendations na magandang brand best bang for the buck all rounder na tyres na 265/65/R17? I'm a car guy so I'm new to trucks so any advise would be much appreciated. I'm planning to get the stock mags. Problem is san ako makakahuha ng 5 piece since 4 pieces lang avail sa labas. I prefer my spare to be the same.
    As Jut said, I got my flares from Garage Elementz on Araneta Ave. I had it painted before having them install it. Also had to add more 3M adhesive to mount them well.

For tyres, you can find OEM Hilux rims with the stock Yokohama Geolandar, Bridgestone or Dunlop Hat's. If you want something more all-around, get AT tyres. The Yokohama Geolandars or Toyo Open Country ATs are okay. The pricey ones are the BF Goodrich ATs.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    So they're dropping the 18s in favor of what kaya?

Had an oil catch can installed over the weekend. This is to prevent oil seepage from the valve cover breather to the intake manifold and turbo.
    Hmm. What exactly is the oil catch can and how much does it cost?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Kung 2016 model po yan, ang battery size nyan ay DIN 66 sa Motolite, or DIN 65 kog Amaron.

Sent from my A37f using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm. What exactly is the oil catch can and how much does it cost?
    In layman terms: It's installed along the hose leading from the cyclinder head or engine valve cover that goes to the intake manifold. This breather hose relieves gas build up from the top of the cylinder head and usually this is accompanied by oil residue which builds up over time (thus you will see a lot of oil gunk on the intake and turbo manifolds of diesel vehicles as the mileage climbs). The oil catch can reduces the amount of oil that will get to your intake manifold as this is where more oil residue will build up instead.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    In layman terms: It's installed along the hose leading from the cyclinder head or engine valve cover that goes to the intake manifold. This breather hose relieves gas build up from the top of the cylinder head and usually this is accompanied by oil residue which builds up over time (thus you will see a lot of oil gunk on the intake and turbo manifolds of diesel vehicles as the mileage climbs). The oil catch can reduces the amount of oil that will get to your intake manifold as this is where more oil residue will build up instead.
    Nabasa ko na din sir. Will consider that. Btw, ano reliable brands sa mga pick up for rims and where sa QC okay ang dealer?

Sana ma clinch na by tomorrow to.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    How will the ride change with a change in rim and tyre sizes? I do about 90% city driving and 10% rough roads. Sorry guys, I'm new to pick ups.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How will the ride change with a change in rim and tyre sizes? I do about 90% city driving and 10% rough roads. Sorry guys, I'm new to pick ups.
    With the stock 17 tires there's no difference. The OEM 17 inch alloy rims and 265/65R17 tires of the Hilux G may even ride better than the steel rims and smaller tires on the E.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    It is going to come with Platinum tints. Didnt see very good reviews on another thread. But that was 2 years ago. I wonder kung ganun pa din, and what are my other options.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It is going to come with Platinum tints. Didnt see very good reviews on another thread. But that was 2 years ago. I wonder kung ganun pa din, and what are my other options.
    My dealer offered free V Kool with only the standard visor at the windshield. Then I just had the full front done outside casa for 2k (V Kool). It handles heat much better compared to 3M in my experience.